Wednesday 4 August 2021

POEM OF THE WEEK

 

The Swing

Robert Louis StevensonBy  More Robert Louis Stevenson

How do you like to go up in a swing,
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!

Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,
River and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside--

Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown--
Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!



Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/the-swing-by-robert-louis-stevenson

3 comments:

  1. The imagination of that man, just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a kid, I used to swing up high, even competing with friends to see who can swing the highest without fear of falling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret D....I agree

    Nancy..........Me too

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in 1890's Australia

  Throughout the 1890’s conferences had been held about the six colonies forming a federation, workers formed a large part of those who vote...