Monday 9 August 2021

FACTS

 

Good morning, how are we all doing? Me, well I am still suffering with arthritic pain in both my knees. The pain is so bad I just want to cry.


Anyway here are this weeks facts................


During the 1760's many parents would plunge their children into ice-cold water each morning, they thought this would help ward off colds and other diseases.


In Australia there was a mistakenly named East Alligator River up in the Northern Territory, it doesn't have alligators in it, it has crocodiles.


Hawaii is home to the world's largest active volcano, Maura Loa, which is 120km long and 4,170 metres high. Most of it underwater.


An elephant trunk has no bones but 40,000 muscles.


The average raindrop falls at seven miles per hour.

11 comments:

  1. The one that shocks me is the ice cold water thing--OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poor little babies being thrown into ice cold water! I hope no one is doing that now. Interesting facts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor babies. Lots of people in Nordic (and other) countries plunge themselves into icy water regularly, but that's by choice, and as adults.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not very good, I'm afraid. Back is bothering me, enough to come home halfway through my shift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you're in so much pain, Jo-Anne. I hope you can get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting facts. Didn't know that about an elephant's trunks and the 40,000 muscles in it. Also find it interesting that a raindrop falls at 7 mph.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita..........Me too

    Margaret D...........Thanks

    Nancy........Yes not good in my opinon

    Kea.......I agree and some people are weird

    Chris........I agree

    Karen........Thank you

    HMBH.......Glad you liked the post

    ReplyDelete
  8. 7 miles per hour! A raindrop? Amazing. I knew about no bones in an elephants trunk but who knew so many muscles!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes, I'd hate to have been a kid having to be subjected to the ice-cold water therapy each morning. Burrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  10. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Borderline Personality Disorder/Fear of Abandonment

  Hi, everyone this week we are looking at fear of abandonment and borderline personality disorder. We all must deal with the death of a lo...