Monday 20 February 2017

Random Stuff

Good afternoon all, I have had a busy weekend, in fact hardly had time to use the computer since around 8ish on Saturday morning, this morning I managed to read and comment on about 30ish blogs and then I had to take Leo to school and then to the shops to return something Jessica bought and to get bread. Soon I will have to leave and go get Leo from school then I have to take him to bowling it is the last day of bowling and I have to remember to give him a half a tablet of his medication before we go as last week I forgot and he was jumping all over the furniture and wouldn't settle down.

Yesterday we went over to Kathy's for Summer's birthday we gave her a bride doll which she seemed to love it's eyes open and shut which Summer likes as she likes to think of her dolls going to sleep at night.

I made a potato bake for the party and cooked up 500grams of bacon and Kathy cooked up some snags and Michael's mum made the birthday cake a rainbow cake with pink icing, it was nice.

Also yesterday morning Tim, Leo and I went to the shops I needed bacon for the party and a new iron, on Wednesday while I was ironing Tim's work shirts the iron just stopped working I was ironing the shirt and the iron wasn't heating up.

Today I managed to iron all his work shirts and work pants as well as one of my shirts, as well as two shirts I bought for Jessica a few months back. I had bought her 4 white shirts out of the 3 shirts 2 she wanted one she didn't want which I have placed in my gift box and will give it to someone at some point as a gift.

Kathy was telling us yesterday that Michael got 9& ½ hours of work on Friday he needs to complete 20 hours of unpaid work as part of his training, I think it is wrong that people often need to do x amount of unpaid work as part of their training, 20 hours isn't that bad but I know of some people who have had to do as much as 120 hours of unpaid work as part of their training.

You also know what I don't understand how people can go around borrowing money over and over again, if you have to borrow money each week you need to look again at your budget and make changes so the money you have lasts. Look at what running around you are doing in your car if you are borrowing money for fuel maybe you need to stop going some places and no I do not think it is easy but it is something you have to do, if you seem to be running out of food try reducing the amount of processed foods you know the type that you just shove in the oven or microwave as home-made from scratch may be cheaper and better for you. The always borrowing money never lets you get a head just my thought, I have rarely borrowed money from anyone, it isn't something I do.


Lastly before I go mum may or may not be going home today she was still waiting for the doctor to turn up to see her when we spoke at 1.15pm she wants to go home she feels much better in herself and wants her own bed and bathroom but we will see. 

8 comments:

  1. 120 hours of unpaid training? What line of work is this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nursing and child care are two of the jobs that you have to do so many hours for and there are others

      Delete
  2. Over here, I have heard of both paid and unpaid training. It all depends on the company taking in the trainees. Some are very generous to pay their trainees well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they should be paid unpaid labour is just wrong

      Delete
  3. I am NOT in favor of unpaid training. In fact, I don't know if that is even legal here in the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it wasn't legal here well not the having to do a hundred or more hours that is a joke

      Delete
  4. I am also way behind in reading blogs and will try to get caught up today.

    I don't iron nearly as much as you do but I did just get a new iron which I like far better than my old one. Having a good iron makes a tedious job more doable.

    As for unpaid work....I am also not a fan of it. Here in the U.S there are a lot of jobs that utilize unpaid internships. People do them to try to get hired in paid positions but I think employers take advantage. My daughter got her degree in nursing and did a lot of free work prior to being hired as a nurse in a hospital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah unpaid work when one is expected to complete over a hundred hours of work is a joke and so unfair, my sister in-law had to do over a hundred hours for her nursing degree also and Kathy had to 120 hours for her child care certificate it is wrong

      Delete

Creature Day----Potoo

  Well, hello everyone time for another freaky creature, this week we have the Potoo. It is found in South American forest, if you saw it si...