Monday 7 April 2014

Friends

Do you remember your first friends?

I do and I don't I know one of my first friends was mu uncle Tony he was only a couple of months older then me I use to hang out with him a fair bit during school holidays and such when I was pretty young.

I think for many of us our first friends are cousins or siblings, when we have our first sleep over it is often at a relatives house, because it takes a lot for our parents to allow us out of their sight overnight.


When I was young like in primary school and we lived in Flame street I had a lot of sleepovers at my friend Stacey's house she lived 2 houses down from us and we were thick as thieves when we were little that changed when we got to high school, I think because we went to different high schools.

When my girls were little they would often sleep over at my sisters house and their cousins Samantha and Tina were good friends of my girls Kathy-Lee & Natasha this lasted for many years, in fact as teenagers for many years Sam & Natasha spent a lot of time together and in fact they use to look a lot alike.

Now I am an adult I have no friends that are not family, I am ok with that though it is just the way it is, my parents don't have a lot of friends in fact dad has one friend and mum has none but it doesn't bother them. Tim doesn't have any friends he has work mates but he doesn't hang out with them out of work hours.


I think some people have a lot of friends other people have a lot of family who are not just family but friends as well. 

8 comments:

  1. You are right. As we grow up and get married our friends go in their way. But in my case i have still contacts with my school friends and my college mates through social media and phones. Will enjoy speaking to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have contact with one of the friends from school and that is Cathy but we don't see each other very often most we connect via Facebook

      Delete
  2. My first friend was Jenny. She was my best friend until my mom let her color the LAST 3 PICTURES in my favorite coloring book that I was saving because, well, they were my favorite. Okay, she was still my friend, but it really honked me off. Then she moved to England and became "Jennifer" because that was way more sophisticated. My dad always just called her "Jenbucket." I have no idea why. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sound of "Jenbucket".................lol
      How dare your mum let her colouring in your last 3 pictures, sometimes mums do not think how their little one will feel about something

      Delete
  3. As we grow into adulthood friends will come and go. We may only keep in touch with family because they are the ones our lives are centered around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...