Monday 21 June 2021

Just some facts

 

Good morning world, or good evening or maybe good night is in order, whichever it is............it is also Monday meaning it is also fact day. So here are today's facts.


The best place to see a rainbow is Honolulu in Hawaii. In the morning or at sunset, the sky becomes orange and the rainbows, instead of being multicoloured are bright red.


The abbreviation e.g. stands for “exempli gratia” or “for example”.


Of all the big cats only three of them an roar, lions, tigers & leopards.


In Nairobi, Kenya leopards were known to steal food from peoples rubbish bins.


French President Charles de Gaulle's final words were “It hurts”

8 comments:

  1. I can't imagine a red rainbow--LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen a red rainbow. I am always excited when I see a rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A red rainbow, amazing Jo-Anne.
    Interesting facts as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these! It must be incredible to see a rainbow in Hawaii! I think it's pretty amazing just to see a "regular" one, which doesn't happen for me that often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't want to take out the trash and encounter a leopard.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I looked that up, curious as to how Charles de Gaulle died. He had been playing solitarie. He ruptured a blood vessel and yeah, I would say that hurt a lot. -

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita......Me either

    Nancy......I also like rainbows

    Margaret D......I thought so

    Kea.......Same here

    Janie......Who would

    Debby.....Yep that would hurt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red would be neat... but I'd rather a blue one!

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...