Thursday 8 October 2020

Poem Day

 

A Broken Heart

©  More By Jenna

Published: March 2008

How do I mend a broken heart?
My entire world has fallen apart.
How do I find hope in a brand new day,
when the one I love has gone away?
My mind overflows with memories of you,
of all that we've shared, all that we knew.
I long for your touch and your warm embrace,
the look in your eyes, the smile on your face.
My dreams are filled with your soft gentle kiss.
I wake and cry for all that I miss.
How do I mend a broken heart,
when my one true love and I are apart?
My heart knows to love only you, it won't let go, what do I do?
Our moments together were precious and few,
but I cherished them all more than you knew.
I love you, my angel, and always will.
I loved you then and I love you still.

Advertisement



Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/a-broken-heart

6 comments:

  1. That is a heart breaking poem, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. It made me cry, dammit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    A lovely poem with a lot of depth and true meaning about LOVE.
    Yes, our Angels are forever inside our hearts, without a touch but knowing that a soul never dies gives us strength!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad. It really hits home now when so many people are dying from Covid. It's hard to imagine the number of family members who are in mourning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. margaret D.......Yes it is

    Carol........Yeah it aan d o that

    Mariette.......I really liked it

    Chris.......Indeed

    Diane B.......It is at that

    Karen......That it does

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's Disease and postured

  Time to learn a bit more about Parkinson’s Disease this week at posture and dribbling, first off is posture. Many people thing of the char...