Wednesday 19 May 2021

Poem Day

 

The Darkness

© 

Published: July 2018

You would never know it,
The constant pain I feel,
Because in the light of day
It almost isn't real.

Sure, I'll play, I'll laugh,
I'll sing some songs,
But that pain is always lurking
Because it's been here all along.

And when the darkness comes
With its all-consuming power,
It slowly takes my soul
Hour by dreadful hour.

But they tell me that I'm strong enough.
They swear that it gets better.
They say, "If you can just hold out
and bear this stormy weather."

They tell me, "You will be happy one day.
All you need do is fight."
But what they seem to forget
Is after each day comes the night.

And so I act along.
I play my part
While this crushing darkness
Slowly breaks my heart.



Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/the-darkness-24

5 comments:

  1. Nice poem Jo-Anne but feel you chose that particular one which then relates to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good poem. Time will heal the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've felt like that before. I wish you wellness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The devil likes to tell us, "Without light, there is always darkness." But light is the natural state of the next life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret D.......I share what is sent to via email but many do seem to relate to my life

    Nancy.......Yes it is

    Debby.......Thank you

    Chris.......Yes indeed

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's and walking

  Well, here we are at another Friday so here is a bit more about Parkinson’s Disease, this week we are looking a bit more at walking with P...