Wednesday 28 April 2021

PoemDay

 

No Charge

©  More By Brian A. Bendall

Published: May 8, 2019

I've tried to write so many times,
But it's been hard to say in rhymes.
I'll try once more and hope you'll see
Just what your love has meant to me.

Thank you for your pain at birth
That brought me to my life on Earth.
Thanks for all the time you spent
For cuddles and your nourishment.

Thank you for the stories read
As I lay cozy in my bed.
Thanks for your enlightenment
To solve new mysteries life had sent.

Thank you for the cures and care
When sickness caught me unaware.
Thanks for tucking me in tight
And kisses on my head, "Good night."

Thanks for comfort when I cried
And tissues used for tears you dried.
Thanks for courage to go on,
To see from night, a day will dawn.

Thanks for freedom that you gave
To go outside, the world to brave.
Thank you for the friends I'd meet
That helped with friendships I'd repeat.

Thank you for your help with school
And teaching me the Golden Rule.
Thanks for praise when I prevailed
And understanding when I failed.

Thanks for parties that you gave
And birthday cards I tried to save.
Thanks for meals I loved so much
And baking skills that few could touch!

Thank you for your help to write
My stories you helped bring to light.
Thanks for helping talents surface
That made me see my life had purpose.

Thanks for tears when I left home,
So I could make it on my own.
Thanks for tears when I returned
For visits that you long had yearned.

But now...

Your life I loved has run its course, 
For time will take us all by force.
Your love for me, not kept inside,
And no conditions were applied.

So, thanks for all things, small and large,
Your love saw fit to do ... no charge.



Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/no-charge

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful and touching poem to your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful people appropriate for this time.
    Hope you are doing ok Jo-Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful, and fitting for your mum. We, too, hope you and your family are doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How loving and dear. A heart filled tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy.......Thank you

    Margaret D......Thanks, itis and I am coping

    Kea.....Yes it is

    Katie......I do agree

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...