Monday 22 August 2016

The places I have lived

As all know that I live in a suburb of Lake Macquarie in the state of New South Wales, which is on the east coast of Australia.

I was born at Western Suburbs Maternity hospital, as mentioned in the last post about me that we lived with my grandparents for a while by a while I mean 18 months before we moved to a Dept of housing place in Blacksmiths about 20 minutes from my grandparents mum and dad didn't really like living that far away from my grandparents and when I was 5 ½ we moved from Blacksmiths to Gateshead still a Dept of Housing place and just in time for me to start school.

Gateshead is only 5 minutes from where my grandparents lived so that made mum happy as she was and still is very close to her parents. When we first moved to Gateshead we lived in Gateshead but a few years later we moved to Gateshead West which is now just known as Gateshead, then in 1980 we moved again to a different part of Gateshead West, these moves were due to the increasing family we went from a 2 bedroom, to a 3 bedroom to a 4 bedroom which is the house mum & dad are still living in.

When I married Tim we moved into a flat above the Gateshead shops only a few minutes from my parents place then when Natasha was a baby we got offered a Dept of Housing place here in Warners Bay we have been in this house since May 1988 and we have no plans on moving this is home. Oh yeah when I meet Tim he was living only a few streets from my parents place, he was sharing a house with a couple of girls.

The one thing about living in the Lake Macquarie/Newcastle area is that you can pretty much get from point A to point B within 20-30 minutes. This is something Tim really likes as he is from Sydney and there it can take ages to get from point A to point B, also in Sydney if you take a wrong turn it can take ages to get back on track here if you take a wrong turn it will often only take a few minutes to get back on track.









.


11 comments:

  1. It would be nice to live in different places. One thing it is difficult is shifting things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have moved a lot but I think we are probably only going to move one more time. Our house is big so I imagine at some point we will downsize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to live in a big house, one of the reason's my parents are reluctant to move is they love the larger house

      Delete
  3. Even when it means moving to a better place moving is a pain in the butt--LOL! I hope I don't have to move again, either. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes moving is a pain and I am useless at helping people move my job when my girls moved was to watch the grandchildren for them

      Delete
  4. Wow, you guys would have loved watching me and KC circling the buttcrack of Cleveland...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would I, really would I.............

      Delete
    2. Well, if you could watch it from the comfort of your own home on TV...

      Delete
  5. I was born in Hutchinson, Kansas. My family lived in nearby Haven, Kansas, which did not have a hospital. Nor did it have a traffic light. Years later they put a traffic light in the town's main intersection. A few years later they took it back down because it wasn't needed.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to live in a small town if I had all my family living nearby

      Delete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...