Wednesday 9 March 2022

POEM DAY

 

The True Meaning Of Life

Patricia A. Fleming©  More By Patricia A. Fleming

Published: July 2017

The years have passed by
In the blink of an eye,
Moments of sadness
And joy have flown by.

People I loved
Have come and have gone,
But the world never stopped,
And we all carried on.

Life wasn't easy,
And the struggles were there,
Filled with times that it mattered,
Times I just didn't care.

I stood on my own,
And I still found my way,
Through some nights filled with tears,
And the dawn of new days.

And now with old age,
It's become very clear;
Things I once found important
Were not why I was here.

And how many things
That I managed to buy
Were never what made me
Feel better inside.

And the worries and fears
That plagued me each day,
In the end of it all,
Would just fade away.

But how much I reached out
To others when needed,
Would be the true measure
Of how I succeeded.

And how much I shared
Of my soul and my heart
Would ultimately be
What set me apart.

And what's really important,
Is my opinion of me,
And whether or not
I'm the best I can be.

And how much more kindness
And love I can show
Before the Lord tells me
It's my time to go.



Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/the-true-meaning-of-life

6 comments:

  1. In the end, we're remembered, not for who we were or what we owned, but for who we chose to become.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jo-Anne, thanks so much for sharing this poem. It truly does remind me that it's how we respond to others that makes all the difference in their happiness and ours. Peace to you in this turbulent time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a real tear-jerker. Beautiful sentiment and very true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very relevant poem for us oldies. Easy to read too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen........Oh yeah

    Dee.........I am glad you liked it

    Debby.......It is

    Chris........Nice to know

    Diane.......It is

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's and walking

  Well, here we are at another Friday so here is a bit more about Parkinson’s Disease, this week we are looking a bit more at walking with P...