Wednesday 2 October 2013

Wrong Car and my dad v knights


My blog friend Diane posted this yesterday on her Facebook page and it reminded me of a couple of similar stories, so I thought I would share the stories with everyone today. 

The first incident happened way back in the 80's and was done by my pop (dad's father), he was crossing the lights in Charlestown and saw mum stopped at the lights and goes up to the car and trys the door but it is locked so he was knocking on the window and the car behind was pipping it's horn and then the lights changed and the car drove off.......the car behind pulls up and then he notices that, that car is mum not the first car. It gave them lots to laugh about for the rest of the day.

The second incident happened to my youngest daughter Jessica I was picking her up from school and I was parked in the school carpark, reading a book when I notice her walking up towards the car, then past the car and I thought were is she going she proceeds to get into another car. Then she gets out and looks around then walks back and gets into our car, she then tells me she thought that was our car.

Lastly only a few months ago my mum was parked at Charlestown Square (shopping center) anyway she goes and does her shopping and returns to her car, she pushes the button to unlock the car but nothing happens and since the remote had been playing up she kept trying but ended up putting the key in the lock but still it would not unlock. She then sees these two little kids watching her laughing and saying " hey lady you got the wrong car" so she looks in the window and things those don't look like our seat covers. That was when she realised her car was the car parked next to it, as she gets into her car those kids were still laughing at her.

Before I sign off today I would like to say that when we were leaving dad this morning the physio guy turned up and was asking about how dad was getting around and his balance, mum mentioned jokingly that when he was unable to get his breath on Saturday she didn't ring the ambos because the "Knights" (footy team) were playing and she said doesn't like her football interrupted. However on Sunday when he was still having trouble breathing her youngest told her to ring the ambos and since there was no football on telly she did...........

Now I know mum was only joking but at the same time I can tell you mum doesn't like anything or anyone to interrupt her while she is watching her team "The Knights" play, the last time he had a bad turn the Knights were playing again and she didn't ring the ambos that time either and it wasn't till the Monday afternoon that dad went and saw a doctor.

Honestly though if mum thought dad was in danger of dying she would ring for an ambo quick smart. 

10 comments:

  1. Loved all those stories ! It would seem that lots of people get mistaken about which car they should be in! So funny about your mum and her football! Do hope that your dad is going on okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes dad is doing much better and mum and her footy is priceless

      Delete
  2. I think we must have wrong car stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever see that movie "Parenthood" with Steve Martin? Grandma (who loves roller coasters) climbs in the neighbor's car. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I walked out of church one morning when I was about 5 years old, ran to my dad and grabbed his hand and walked with him a while. Then I looked up and realized it wasn't my dad. Fortunately, it WAS a friend of ours and not a total stranger. Your stories remind me of that day. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing it was a family friend and not a stranger

      Delete
  5. I haven't really got a car story, usually I can't remember where I have parked sometimes though.

    One thing is though a friend of mine parked in a car park. We got out to go shopping and she suddenly went running in the opposite direction. I followed her thinking she'd gone nuts. The thing was she thought she'd seen her gran but it was a complete stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great. I have tried to get into cars that are not mine too. I hope your Dad is getting better and I am sure your Mum would call immediately if your Dad really needed the ambos. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...