Friday, 26 June 2026

Sue and Me with a Dirty Banana

 


This photo of me and Sue was taken on the cruise the drink is a Dirty Banana. Even though it usually has coffee liqueur both of us had it made without that, as I don’t like anything coffee.

Sue drank a small amount of hers then had to rush to the loo as she is lactose intolerant, so I drank hers as well as mine.

A Dirty Banana is typically a sweet, creamy tropical cocktail made with banana, coffee liqueur, rum, and often cream or milk, usually blended with ice.

A common version includes:

  • Banana
  • White or dark rum
  • Coffee liqueur, such as KahlĂșa
  • Cream, milk, or Irish cream
  • Ice

It tastes like a banana-coffee milkshake with alcohol.

 

11 comments:

  1. I saw the Big Banana in Coffs Harbour this week, and heard about the Dirty Banana for the first time. Your timing was perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I only drink wine and an occasional beer, I'm afraid this wouldn't do for me, Jo-Anne. Sorry that Sue got sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to pass on fancy drinks, though that one sounds quite tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. Sorry she couldn't drink hers. Sounds delicious. Nice photo.

    ReplyDelete

Sticky Tape

  Today we are looking at something most people have used and something I use daily that’s sticky tape. The term “sticky tape” is commonly...