Thursday 19 July 2018

Update on mum


After getting up this morning and throwing a load of washing on to wash I get a phone call from Sandra just as I was thinking of ringing the hospital myself for an update on mum. I have since gone and seen mum and now I am posting and updating everyone.

Well it turns out that mum had a bad night, she was throwing up during the night and this morning after having a little breakfast she threw up again. When I arrived at the hospital she was having another scan of some description, when dad and I went in to see her the nurse said if anyone was pregnant they shouldn’t visit her, as well as young children something to do with the radiation used for the scan.

She was in a chair when I got to see her but she was having trouble keeping her eyes open, I only stayed with her for 10 minutes but I felt better that I was able to see her.

Sometime today they will move her out of ICU to a ward, mum is still nagging the doctor about going home and he ended up telling her she may be able to go home at the weekend just to stop her asking all the time. It is highly unlikely she will be going home at the weekend as she is still very ill.

Dave said when she is moved to a ward he will try and get Dawson to go and visit her as he hasn't seen her since she was taken away in a ambulance on Monday but he didn't want to see her looking as sick as she did on Monday night and Tuesday morning.

Dad is coping but he has had a bit of a cry and when he saw her today he hugged her and told her he needs her to get better and come home.





6 comments:

  1. Hi, Jo-Anne!

    I'm sorry your mum's poorly. If they are preparing to move her out of the ICU to a room it must be a sign that she's improving, and if she is nagging the doctor to go home, I take that as a good sign as well. I will keep your mum and your family in my prayers, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo-Anne ... sad, but lovely update ... I hope all goes well for you all - take care ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a time you are all going through. I pray that God will be merciful and get everybody back to health very soon. He is good, and the plan is His... Be strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least they are talking about her going home later. She still sounds very sick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shady..........Yes she is doing good, she looks and sounds like mum again

    Hilary.........Thank you things are looking up kinda

    Chris.........Rough time indeed but things are improving

    Rita..........Yes they said yesterday she may be able to go home on Monday she has improved so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh JoAnne..I am just so sorry this is happening and that your Dad is suffering too. Today I read that he too is in the hospital now with your mother in Mater. I will pray for them.

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...