Tuesday 28 June 2016

Returning home, although we have now been home for a while as in a couple of weeks.





This was written on Friday the 10th June as we are pulling into Sydney harbour and I was up and dressed at 6.30am and ready to leave the ship but our time to leave the ship isn't till 8.10 am what the hell. Tim has been up most the night as he was unable to sleep and mum said she has been awake since 5am so we are all up dressed and ready to leave the ships. Both Tim and mum have been down and collected their duty free grog.

Speaking of duty free grog when Tim and I were at Port Denarau we noticed that they had for sale the same bottles of grog mum bought for Dave and Sandy but the price was a $100 more per bottle ok the Jimmy was about a $120 more but you get the idea.

My parents bought me a lovely red purse that I really do like, they said they bought it for me to say thank you for all I did for them but I don't think I did that much. Yes I shared cocktails with mum and showed them around the ship and all but really not that much.


The trip home from Sydney to Newcastle went smoothly more or less, we did seem to drive around Sydney a lot before we found ourselves headed home, we stopped for food an hour or so after leaving the ship.

I bought Leigh a sarong she has the figure for a sarong unlike me it wouldn't go around my body but that is ok this who I am at this stage of my life. Mum also bought a sarong for Leigh.


Tim was pleased I didn't spend a lot of money on gifts for people although he did seem to complain about what I did buy I told him that nothing I do seems to be enough for him. This is the last post about what we did on our holiday.

12 comments:

  1. We went on a cruise a few years ago and enjoyed it more that I thought I would. We're thinking about taking another one.
    We like the shorter ones.
    I'd love to visit Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah both Tim and I don't like really long cruises in fact 14 nights was about as long as I would like to be on a cruise

      Delete
  2. Its always nice to come home. You were good to take your parents with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is nice to be home and having mum and dad with us was awesome

      Delete
  3. It's fun to take a trip but isn't it also nice to get back home? I think it's nice that your mum and dad bought you the purse. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes as much as I love a holiday I do love to come home and now I will just have to start using the new purse

      Delete
  4. I thought you might show us the red purse.
    Good to be back home. It is always hard for me to sleep when I am away, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take a photo and share it so all can see it

      Delete
  5. Tim should shut the hell up about what you buy, with everything you do to take care of everyone. I want to see the red purse. I think your parents bought it for you because they love you and you are nice.

    Love,
    Janie

    P.S. Maybe you shouldn't read my comment to Tim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim couldn't give a rats ass about my blog which is good as I can have a bitch about him and not worry about him reading it, a photo will be coming of my new red purse.

      Delete
  6. Glad you have some wonderful memories of this trip.

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...