Thursday 28 April 2016

Feeling Better and Port Arthur Massacre

Hello all, I am much better today, thankfully I was in bed bloody early last night and by bloody early I mean 7.15pm I couldn't see the point in staying up when I felt like shit.

Today is the 20th anniversary of the Port Arthur Massacre, Port Arthur is in Tasmania it is a former prison colony and a popular tourist site, 35 people were killed and 23 wounded when a mad man because let's be honest do sane people go around killing innocent people me thinks not although some are pretty sane but this fella wasn't one of them.

The killer was a 28 year old from Hobart his name was Martin Bryant, he was found guilty and given 35 life sentences without the possibility of parole.

Moving on I had an appointment this morning at Leo's school with his principal nothing bad though she just wanted to touch base with me as Leo will be going to Creative Times it is run by the Samaritans and is an after school group for 8-12 year olds, although I think Jessica said he might be going during school hours, the hope is that he will learn how to interact with other as at times he as a problem with interacting. I also found out that last term Leo's whole class did different activates at Creative Times so he knows a little about the place already.

The principal said Leo is a charming boy and very popular with the staff and has a lot of friends as well but at times he has problems understanding non verbal signs like if another child is finding Leo a bit full on unless the child says something Leo can't tell that he is annoying the other child.

Ok that is all I have for today, I am in pain with my back and arm so I am going to sit back put my feet up and watch The Chase



8 comments:

  1. I had heard of the Port Arthur Massacre but didn't know the details of it. That is a horrible tragedy.

    That's nice that the principle described Leo as charming.

    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was nice to hear the principal say such nice things about Leo, yes it was such a terrible thing to happen thankfully we haven't had many shootings like this in Australia

      Delete
  2. Getting a little blurry, thought you said you had a pain in your back arm. I thought, how many arms do you have? A back arm might be nice for scratching though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I could do with a back arm to scratch my always itchy back

      Delete
  3. No sane person will go round killing people. A sad reminder of a tragedy. I hope you are feeling much better now, Jo-Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true and such a sad day, and yes I am much better thank you

      Delete
  4. Hope you are feeling much better now, and can enjoy the weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...