Monday 19 March 2012

The Things We Can Discover On The Discovery Channel.....................


Good morning all well it's Monday so the start of another week, I get up this morning after spending a a lot of last night in the bathroom yeah I was sick all night but I am feeling ok now. Anyway when I get up this morning and turn the telly on it is on the Discovery channel and the the show is Rebuilding Japan and it is really interesting this episode it one where volunteers are trying to preserve photographs that have been rescured from the sea near Yamamoto after the earthquake and  tsunami in 2011. I think it is an amazing job that people have done restoring the phots. Those who did the work where called a "memory salvage team", I think they did a fantastic job.

The earthquake hit on the 11th March 2011 and along with the tsunami it killed 15,000 people the earthquake was a magnitude 9.

When I got up this morning the first thing I noticed is that Tim took the car so I had to send Jessica a text and tell her I don't have a car and if we are taking Leo to the dentist she will have to use her car or I could change his appointment and she said she doesn't have th fuel so could I change the appointment which of course I did he now goes at the end of April.

It is now raining pretty heavy at the moment and it is really cool I had to shut the front door as my legs are so cold, I may even have to change into longer pants.............lol Oh yeah I want to add I have no problem with Tim taking the car in fact when it is wet like it is I would rather him take the car as I worry about him riding his motorbike in the wet weather. He tells me that I shouldn't but I do and I can't



8 comments:

  1. That's really a wonderful thing they are doing to restore those photos. I hope it helps the survivors in the recovery from that horrendous tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's raining here too. I love the rain because we don't get alot of wet weather in Tucson. Happy Monday to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    Oh, I was a bit surprised to see the picture of Showa-Emperor and Empresses before getting myself reading your post!
    I have seen the story of this "memory salvage team" through TV news program, not "Discovery Channel", hehe.
    The work sure must be very appreciated because pictures are SO DEAR for them for memories with family and friends♡♡♡
    Thank you for sharing this topic through blog♪♪♪
    It has been cloudy days here. Waiting to see the sun to rise. Well, my hubby has a hadicap with his legs and always worries me whenever he uses motorbike to go fishing with a long fishing rod in his back. The place owned by a company isn't allowed for car to get in.
    Lots of love and Hugs to you, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling better soon. Nothing worse than being that sick all night and having to face such a busy week.

    Please take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tsunami thing was a tragic, tragic event. A lot like all those tornadoes in our Midwest.
    Really puts my bitching about a dog crap filled damp backyard into perspective.
    I spent a lot of time in the bathroom last night, too. But, I wasn't sick.
    You'd think I would know better considering that operation I had in 1988.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project they are doing for the survivors. I hope it can help bring them some closure. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose everything. How horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelly......Yes I think it is an awesome thing to do

    Crystal......I don't mind having some wet days too, it is nice when I don't have to go out

    Miyako.......I am happy you liked my posting about this wonderful project photos are so special.

    SkippyMom......Yes I am feeling much better now although I had another bad night at least it's not raining today.....

    Al........Yes natural disasters far out weigh having dog poo in the yard that has to be cleaned up but dog poo is also not nice and so bloody frustrating.......

    L........I also can't imagine what it would be like to lose everything I have never had it happen to me.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Tsunami was awful. I was reading on yahoo the other day about the restoring of the towns and its amazing the jobs people have done. I think other countries should take a leaf out of their book for when they have things like that happen.

    ReplyDelete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...