Tuesday 28 February 2012

About Jo-Anne Tuesday..............What's that smell oh yeah it's me



Ok this week I will share this little embarressing tid bit about me............

I suffer from B O a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if I stink don’t be afraid to tell me I hate to go around smelling, now I know some people (Jessica) do not like to be told they smell but it doesn't bother me I think it did when I was younger but not anymore. I carry deodrant with me in my hand bag so if I am out shopping and notice that I am starting to stink I will spray myself, also I know the difference between deodrant and body spray which is something I think a lot of young people don't they seem to think body spray deodrant is fine to use on it's own which it's not yes it says deordrant on the can but it is not the same as the deodrant you use under your arms................

I also do not like to have bad breath and carry chewing gum with me or fresh mints which I use frequently during the day if I am out mixing with people. 

Why are so many people annoyed or pissed off when they are told they have bad breath or bad boday odour......................ok I know why because it's embarressing and they do not know how to act or what they should do.........................

I have suffered from bad body odour most of my life when I was a teenager mum went and bought some kind of pills for me to take which helped but she doesn't remember what they were...........

13 comments:

  1. Mrs. Penwasser complains about my body odor all the time. Of course, that may be because I shove her head under the sheets when I fart.
    Some people have no sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, after my last post about falling into cow poop, I can't say anything about anyone else's odor. Good for you, too, in controlling it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that baby's face brings a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey hon found this article and thought i'd share it mayhaps it'll give you some ideas! xoxoxoxo
    Antibacterial herbs have been the most widely used treatments for body odor. These herbs include: coriander, fennel, licorice, oregano, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cumin. These herbs can be powdered and rubbed on the underarm area or made into a tea and dabbed on the underarm with a cotton ball. Some herbalists even use these herbs in an herbal bath.
    Adding sage to this mixture could be beneficial as an antiperspirant.

    Two other ingredients that have been widely used and found in most homes are baking soda and cornstarch. Many people have used baking soda in their refrigerators and freezers to absorb odors but never consider using it as a deodorant. Cornstarch and baking soda both have drying affects and are used in many health and beauty aids to remove moisture from the skin. Baking soda is not an herb but it is a natural substance and people looking for a natural approach will appreciate the many benefits of this substance.

    Zinc is often removed during the processing of foods and many people suffer from a zinc deficiency. A deficiency in this mineral can be an underlying cause of body odor. Eating whole foods such as spinach, cucumbers, collard greens, brussels sprouts and string beans can be a healthy approach to treating body odor. Even if you don't notice a difference in the amount of body odor, your body will thank you in the long run.

    Apple cider vinegar is one of those substances that many people may not consider trying as a combatant of body odor. It has its own distinct smell that many people don't like. But as it dries it loses its odor. Cider vinegar has antiseptic properties and could be a good alternative to over the counter products that may be unhealthy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr. X told me I had bad breath. His was worse. People who can't stand each other's breath can't stay married. He also smelled like butt.

    Love,
    Janie Junebug, who is now on twitter and wants to be followed

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL @ Shelly....brave woman of honesty...if but more of us would be this honest....vanity is a killer of honesty...isn't it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I have your same trouble! Had for years until a few years ago I started buying prescription strength deodorant. Made ALL the difference. No more pitted out shirts. No more embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Special pills? BAHAHAHHAHA! I didn't even know they made those!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm very concious of having bad dental hygiene from me taking bad care of them as a kid. Despite being really good with them these days I also always try and carry around mints just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Al....This comment reminded me of my darling husband

    Hi Shelly....I tell it how it is

    Hi Julia... Yeah I thought it was cute too

    Hi Tim.....Thank you some really good advice in what you have shared with me I appreciate it

    Hi Janie......Yeah bad breath can be annoying I often carry breath mints just in case

    Hi Rhonda.....I agree there are too many vane people around and they really hate to hear the truth

    Hi Green Girl....As long as I use my deorant every day I am pretty much ok

    Hi Nicki....I didn't know there was special pills to help with the problem until my mum told me....

    Hi JOutlaw.....I also like to carry fresh mints with me just in case

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, this was an honest post, wasn't it? I have to smile and applaud your meek humility. :)

    I stink in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...