Monday 2 December 2013

Little Ones do they stress you out or are you laid back


Good morning all, well it is a lovely day here in Newie the sun is shining and so far it’s not too hot, I hope it stays that way.

Well the weekend is over and what a weekend it was, I was pretty busy this weekend. On Saturday morning Tim and I took the dogs into the RSPCA and surrender them although I have to go back with Kathy-Lee today because DC was in her name and she had to sign the paperwork to surrender him.

Then yesterday I was babysitting, I had Leo and Daemon from the time we all woke up and Sydney-May and Summer from around 11.30am to 3.30pm while Kathy and Michael went Christmas shopping. So for a couple of hours I had a house of little ones, Sydney was so excited when she say Leo here and all the kids had fun running around and playing together. Leo even told Summer to follow them outside and I had to explain she is too little to go outside to play.

So that brings me to today’s question when you are watching a few little ones do you stress about what they are doing or what they are getting into and over what they will or won't eat.

Me I am pretty laid back I don’t care if they go out the back to play or if they are running up and down the hallway. I put the tv onto a kids channel and if they drag out a heap of toys that is ok too, I even don’t care if they jump on my bed, in fact yesterday Tim took Syd into the bedroom so she could have some fun jumping on our bed.

For lunch I made some chicken nuggets and chips and just sat it on the little table in the lounge room and told them to eat and they did most of what I made was eaten.

Now as much as I love having the little ones here, it did feel good when they all left, Jessica took Leo and Daemon back to her house and after Michael picked up the girls the house was quiet and I was about to sort out our weekly medications.

Kelli and Daemon arrived back here around 7.30pm a bit earlier than planned, she and Jono went to a concert in Sydney and she got hurt so they were home earlier than expected, they are also sleeping in since it is now 8.33am and they are still not up.

Yesterday I managed to do all the laundry and the ironing and vacuum out 3 times and put the Christmas tree up so I have very little to do today.

 I do have to drive my sister Sue to Jessica’s place around 9ish as she is going to clean Jessica’s house for her. Jessica is one of those people who hate housework, there is nothing wrong with that many women hate it, me included and I don't mind paying Sue to give it a good clean and Sue could do with the money.


16 comments:

  1. You are born to work with kids, my friend! You are one of those who seems to be a natural at it. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, I don't think of myself as a natural

      Delete
  2. I enjoy the kids - maybe that is why I choose the Nanny profession and was in it for nearly 30 years. HOWEVER I am tired now....I have noticed my patience is wearing a bit on the thin side. No grandkids - just 5 gran-nanny kids ages 3-16. (4 girls and 1 boy) that are special to me. I do enjoy the outdoors and exploring with the kids and crafts. Jumping on the bed???? You are a better "mum" than I am. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am tired now too..................mostly at the end of a day of watching little ones..........lol

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed being with children in my younger days. Nowadays they take up a lot of energy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am much more laid back with kids than I used to be. But it came out of experience I guess. I hope Kelli didn't get hurt too bad at the concert. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelli is fine today, mostly she just had a bloody great time, yeah I don't remember being this laid back when I was younger

      Delete
  5. I take children or little ones as they come. But no jumping on the bed or running through the house due to injury. Seen many a little one lose their balance on a bed jumping, and running through the house - other than that let them be little ones and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know there can be accidents when they are running around the house and I will only allow jumping on the bed if I am there watching to make sure it doesn't get out of hand

      Delete
  6. Your rules for babysitting boys are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had some of your energy. Bless your heart. Unfortunately, I am not a patient person so when I had the grandkids, I depended on educational TV and kid movies to calm them down if they got rowdy. You're an awesome grandma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I was a patient mother but I am a patient grandmother well I hope I am.

      Delete
  8. I agree , you are an awesome grandma, and an awesome mom! I'm like you, quite happy to have toys all over the place when the little ones are here. I do like to watch them when they jump on the bed though, just in case they fall off! I honestly don't know how your family would manage if you weren't around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I do try as I write this I have Summer crawling around my legs.

      Delete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...