Thursday 26 December 2013

It's Now Boxing Day, Christmas Day Was Awesome


Well today it’s Boxing Day here in Australia and you know what I was up and driving Tim to Morisset train station, not so he could catch a train but so he could meet up with another driver to go to Sydney where he is working for the next 5 days.  So I am home alone here today and it is nice to be here on my own for a change.

Yesterday was spent with my family at my parents place it was a great day, I got some great presents here are some photos of my presents.

The only daughter I didn't see was Kathy-Lee as she was having Christmas lunch at her place for Michael’s family.   Natasha came over here in the morning to see her dad and me, she gave me a couple of photo frames and they are pretty frames indeed. However she didn't bother to wrap them for me and she didn't give her dad anything at all.

Jessica gave me a typewriter and I love it, I was so excited to get it and when I came home yesterday afternoon I wrote a letter to an overseas penpal.  All in all I did pretty well for Christmas I know I am lucky to have so many people who love me around me.

Tim however said a number of times that we have to have a talk about how much I spend on presents each year, I thought about it a lot last night and you know what I thought to myself what the hell, I don’t complain about how much Tim spends on alcohol and tobacco each year so why does he have to complain about how much I spend on presents.


Everyone seemed to have a good day and liked their presents, well I hope they did.  

16 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good Christmas Jo-Anne. Good luck dealing with Tim..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will need luck when it comes to dealing with Tim, luck and patience

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had a good Christmas! We did too. I can't remember what boxing day is. I'll have to google it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't ask me what Boxing Day, to me it is just the day after Christmas Day...........lol

      Delete
  3. Wow! Sounds like a full-on day ... as for the expense, maybe you should keep a running tally of your pressie expenses and his booze/cigs expenses over the next 12 months then present him with the evidence next time he complains??!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good idea..............it was a full on day but a great day as well

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had a good holiday! And I hope today is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to see you had a good Christmas. But promise me you won't wear that top with the pink polka dots. :) Separate they are very nice, together... well they definitely make a statement. :)
    Tony and I have separate finances, so there's not a lot of arguing over who spends what. Particularly when he is usually the benefactor in the equation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I will not be wearing the top with the pink polka dot pants since they are my Pj's. I have no income so I have to rely on Tim

      Delete
  6. I think you should both have your indulgences and allow the other theirs;)
    Cool--a typewriter!
    Looks like a merry Christmas in your country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and so does Tim most of the time but sometimes he is just a right tight ass..................

      Delete
  7. If giving gifts makes you happy, then you should do it.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will continue to do it no matter what Tim says it is who I am

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you had a nice Christmas. Very cool to get a typewriter. They are becoming a piece of history at this point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are but I can tell you my typewriter will get a lot of use.

      Delete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...