Sunday 8 December 2013

Sunday Morning, and a bit about boredom


Good morning blogland, how is everyone this lovely Sunday morning, I have been up  since 6.30am with Little Leo and I have told Jessica to pick him up around 10am, I want to get the Christmas presents wrapped and placed on the table today, also want to do a load of washing and get it pegged out.  Of course I have a house that looks a right mess at the moment but it will not take long to get it looking better. 

I also have a small pile of letters to answer and I want to finish my Christmas cards and get them into the mail tomorrow.

What does everyone else have planned for the rest of the weekend?

I was thinking yesterday afternoon as I waited for Tim and Leo to finish looking at the bus Tim drives for work, I had to drive Tim into work to pick up his charter sheet so he had the right time to be there. 

Anyway I was thinking while I was waiting about how it is rare for me to feel bored, yeah I generally don't get bored but sitting in a car waiting for someone without a book to read or something else to do then I can get bored.  

Boredom is something the youth of today seem to suffer from a lot, I have heard my daughters say often that they are bored and when I hear them say it I think how can you be bored you are not just sitting around waiting for someone you are at home, how can a person be bored when they are home, for me there are many things to do when I am home, like blogging or writing letters, or doing housework. 

I feel that many young people expect others to entertain them and also feel they must always be doing something exciting when in fact life is often run of the mill and we have to be able to think of things to do that will keep us amused or at least busy. 

14 comments:

  1. I rarely have time to be bored. Usually quiet moments are for simply enjoying.
    There is always something to do if you need.
    (#2 son is learning tonight to entertain himself without his laptop..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes quiet moments are for simple enjoyment, they can be rare as I am usually so busy

      Delete
  2. It is cold windy and snowy here and you are talking about hanging clothes on the line. I am ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold and snowy we don't get we have cold but not snow, today is suppose to be hotter than yesterday.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I'm lonely, but I'm not bored.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. My granddaughter Kali always tells me how bored she is. I just tell her to read or clean her room and she changes the subject...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I get that, if you read a book you can't be bored, when I was a child I was forever reading.

      Delete
  5. I spent the whole day sitting on the couch watching Christmas movies and eating popcorn with Youngest. Oldest worked on an art project all day. I think I did one load of laundry.

    It was fantastic... and not boring at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I love Christmas movies sounds like a great way to spend a day

      Delete
  6. You are doing well with your Christmas Cards, I haven't started but tomorrow I will..
    Bored, never been bored in my life - yet..always a first time, but I hope that never happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am about 90% done still have some more to do hopefully today I will get them done.

      Delete
  7. absolutely agree! kids seem to get bored so easily, they don't know how to entertain themselves unless they have an electronic device!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sometimes I think kids today miss out on the joy of finding other ways to entertain themselves, like reading and drawing

      Delete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...