Tuesday 31 December 2013

Three Words to Describe my 2013






Pick three words to describe 2013.

I saw this question on someone’s blog and though I could use that as a blog post.

So what three words would you use to describe 2013?

Here are mine

Family:  Yeah I know that doesn't come as a surprise to anyone who knows me, family is everything to me and a bit more, this year saw my family increase by one with the birth of my granddaughter Summer in February.  Today the last day of the year sees me watching children again, right now I have Leo and Daemon but I did have Summer here as well while Sydney-May went to her swimming lesson.  How household increased with the arrival of Kelli & Daemon and it is nice having a little one around the house again and it is nice when they spend a night or two at Jessica’s place as well. That said when they went to Queensland for 3 weeks we missed them heaps. They are family and Kelli is like a daughter and that makes Daemon like another grandchild, sorry Sue……………

Holidays: Yep took a few holidays during the year, which was good since for many years we didn't go anywhere or did anything but the last couple of years that has been different this year we went back to New Zealand and also went to Dubbo with Jessica & Leo and Tim and I took a trip to Queensland just the two of us. So a few holidays this year and I loved each one of them and had the best time.


Happiness: Yes I have been happy a lot this year, and yes there are times when I am not happy but I try not to focus on those times. Being surrounded by my family makes me happy and being home alone makes me happy mostly being home alone after a day surrounded by the family makes me happy.  Happiness is something we have to choose to be yes it can come naturally but we have to choose to focus on the things that make us happy and not on the things that don't make us happy. 

15 comments:

  1. Family, Holidays and Happiness...All three are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like 2013 was a great year for you! Wishing you more in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect perfect post!
    Happy New Year!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I am looking forward to the night I will be home alone

      Delete
  4. You are a wise and wonderful woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful year you've had Jo-Anne! I hope 2014 is just as great. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did have a great year, and have high hopes for 2014

      Delete
  6. That's awesome Jo-Anne. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...