Sunday 17 June 2012

The Best Job Ever.............For Me At Least...........

I think this says it all about what it is like to be a parent this is the job I wanted to do, in fact it is the only job I have ever wanted to do I don't consider being a wife a job it is just what I am but being a mother is a job a full time never ending job and it is the best job a woman can do. As being a father is the best job a man can do.


It isn't an easy job but it is so rewarding the first time you hear your child say "I love you" brings such joy to your heart. I believe you don't know what unconditional love is until you become a parent even when your child is driving you around the bend and up the wall and you are having a moment when you don't think you can do it any more you will still love your child...............Then they come up and give you a hug and say I love you and you know it is all worth it.............


Now I know there are people who don't want to be a parent at all and if that is someones choice then so be it, we are all different and the simple fact is that some people don't want to be a parent. However for the most part I think most people who may not plan to be a parent will find when they are one that it is the best thing ever to happen to them.

15 comments:

  1. Great post. Very well said.

    A parent never forgets the deep feelings in his heart when he first hears the words: "Can I borrow the car?"

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah those word can I borrow the car I remember when my eldest first asked to do just that I was so nevous about her driving my car........lol

      Delete
  2. thats really sweet and I'm sure your daughters know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do I have done the best job I know how to do

      Delete
  3. That is so true. I don't think it's something you can know the intensity of until you become a parent, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    In your culture,saying "I love you!" may be a bit easier than ours♡♡♡ I know my late mum understood that I loved her, but it would have been better if I had said it directly.
    Well, the several years of my fertility treatment before 30's was a bit hard memory for me and took me more years to overcome the feeling.
    Oh, parenting sure is the most important job in the world☆☆☆

    Love you always from your sisiter city, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find saying "I love you" very easy and I think that comes from my parents who would say it easly my husband came from a family who did not say it and in the early days it wasn't something he found easy to say but now after being with me for 29yrs he does...

      Delete
  5. great post and Happy Fathers Day to your family and Ted

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect post for today, Jo-Anne! Yep, Mom first, friend second. I think that's what's wrong here in the States. People are so worried about their kids being mad at them that the think it's better if they pacify their kids instead of disciplining them and then they wonder why they turn out to be lumps on their couches at the age of 45...duh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I was thinking for something along the lines of parenthood as it was Father's Day in some countries.........

      As for 45yr old lumps I read that and thought of my nextdoor neighbours son who may not be that old but I can see him being a 45 yr old man still living at home

      Delete
  7. like your new blog look....YEP YEP YEP being a wife is such a privilege and a mother wow that is an awesome gift that LORD has given us! I'm right there with ya sista'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I thought this type of commenting is better it suits me as I like to reply to all the comments I get on my blog......I am glad you agreed with me

      Delete
  8. Being Dagan's mom has been a monumental blessing in my life. The best thing I ever did and what I am most proud of. He's a good man. I totally agree with you. ;)

    ReplyDelete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...