Saturday 9 June 2012

29yrs Ago Today And I Am Still In Love


29 years ago today at around 7pm in the evening the man who would become the love of my life knocked on my parents front door, when he walked into the lounge room he remembers thinking ok which one is she.................remember I have 3 sisters 2 of which were teenagers at the time. When he first meet me and we walked out the door he was behind me and he said his first thought was wow she fills out those jeans nicely...........lol

 We went out that night to Pizza Hut for meal and we where both so nevous that neither of us could eat much and then we went into "Fannys" a nightclub in town. To be honest I don't remember much of that first date it just went in a blur...................I do remember that when he dropped me at home he didn't kiss me goodnight and while I was laying in bed that night I thought does he like me or not..............

Also not long after we started going out he told me that he was going away for the weekend to see and old mate and wanted to know if I wanted to go with him but I said NO. I didn't know him well enough for that to happen and because I said NO I wondered if I would hear from him again when he got back. Of course he did ring me when he got back and we have been together ever since.

Yes we celebrate 2 anniversaries each year today and the 22nd September which is our wedding anniversary, to us today is important becuase without meeting we could never have married. So do you remember the day you met the love of your life..................I know Barb  http://bouncinbarbs.blogspot.com.au does

16 comments:

  1. Congrats!
    So nice to hear that someone has been married for 29 yrs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met Mrs. Penwasser 27 years ago on a blind date.
    By the time she removed her blindfold we were already married.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to hear stories like this! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww what a sweet story! Happy anniversary!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your first date anniversary. I don't remember the date of mine but I can remember the circumstances. It was in 1968. My daughter's celebrate their first date.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! that is wonderful Jo-Anne.....be happy don't be sad...be happy and refuse to be mad...be happy be happy be happy...

    Hugs to you on your 29th ...wow that's a looooong time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sweet and special. have a bright blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! I think it's great that you celebrate the day you first met. I have to ask, though, why he didn't know which one you were? Was it a blind date?

    I remember I met my husband right around my birthday in July 1996. We worked graveyard shift at a restaurant together and he kept asking me out. I was his favorite waitress and all the others would ask me to talk to him for them when he got annoyed with them for messing up orders, which they did a lot because most of them were young and didn't have much job experience. I finally went out with him one night and we totally hit it off. We talked and talked for hours and I realized he was very intelligent and quite a conversationalist, which was something that was missing in other guys I'd dated. Still, he was younger than I and doing drugs at the time so I told him he had to clean up his act if he wanted to go out with me again and HE DID, which amazed me. We didn't kiss until we'd been dating for over a month and I had to initiate it because he was too nervous. My mom said that making him wait for that is what made him change his way of life for me. Maybe true since most of my friends were giving it up to guys way too easily and couldn't find a lasting relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 29 years! That's quite an accomplishment! I'm struggling to make it to 10!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet! My loves have come and gone. I remember the meetings, but not the dates. What a wonderful thing for you both. Congratulations!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! How blessed you are that it's still a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Madeleines.....We have been together 29 yrs but married for 28 yrs in September

    Al.....So did she go around with a blindfold on for months or did you marry the same night you meet.....lol

    Shelly.....Thank hubby rang me when he was at work to say happy anniversary

    Joanne....Thank you

    Diane b.....Many people don't remember the date they met the love of thier life, my parents have two different stories about how they met..........lol

    Victor......Thank you

    Bubbles....Tim can be so sweet at times too.......

    Rhonda.....Yes it is a long time but it doesn't seem that long.

    Tim......It was a great day and hubby remembered as well but he always does

    Jenn.....Yes it was a blind date we meet through an introduction agency.

    WorkingDan......The first 10 can be the hardest it gets easier as time goes on

    Rita.....I was lucky I found the right man first up unlike my sisters who have had a few men and only one of them has found their Mr Right.....

    CW......Thank you each year is important and special and I know I am lucky to be able to say that I am still in love.......

    ReplyDelete
  13. For months. Poor girl kept running into things.

    ReplyDelete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...