Sunday 31 March 2024

Week 13 of 2024

 


Well, it is Sunday, and I had another good night, woke at 1am to pee then when the alarm went at 5am. It is 21 degrees, and I am in shorts as I got hot in the longer pants.

Talk about getting headache, I don’t know what I did but a weeks’ worth of written blog posts including diary entries got somehow stuffed up and wouldn’t open took a while, but I got it sorted out.

Tasha came down just to say hi and give me a hug, she also said she was buying a dryer and will need her dad t pick it up for her. She decided to see if she can find a second-hand dryer.

By 10am it was 23 degrees but not too hot, at 1pm it was 27 degrees.

Here we are at Monday again, another cool start at 17 degrees. I had cereal for breakfast for time in a long time I have had cereal. Along with my egg flip which I added some yogurt that I asked Tasha to buy me only to find out I didn’t like it, so adding it to a milkshake saves me wasting it.

I was surprised when Sam walked in at 7am.

It is another hot day with a temp of 28 degrees at midday, by 1pm it was 30 degrees so turned the air con on.

A really good night didn’t wake at all till the alarm went at 5am, it is a cool morning at 18 degrees. Which of course it dropped to 16 degrees by 7am.

Pizza and garlic bread for breakfast that Jess brought over last night only one slice of the pizza. Also, no eggs for my egg-flip, so just a milkshake this morning.

By 11.30am it was 25 degrees, and I was frenched in sweat and by 1pm it was 27 degrees, but I didn’t put the air con on.

Tim asked me how do I not get bored or get cabin fever (not his words), answer I just don’t I have become use to being home pretty much all the time. Yes, I miss being able to jump in the car and go to the shops but since it isn’t something I can do I have adjusted.

A new day has arrived after another good night’s sleep, not as cool this morning with a temp of 19 degrees.

Spoke to Kathy she things I should start riding the scooter down to the shops, she does have a point.

It felt quite cool when I went up with Sam, the feel of rain is in the air.

The cleaners turned up as I expected, I didn’t say anything to them. Temp has increased to 25 degrees.

I feel so sad and I do not know why, being so drenched in sweat doesn’t help I am wet from the sweat I felt like I was going to slide off the toilet.

Another good night, up with the alarm, washed and dressed had banana and custard for breakie, have both front and back doors open for a bit. Temp at 5am was 18 degrees.

Sandy called in to drop off my baby book, as in the book mum filled in about my first year of life. She had Denni with her who was off sick.

Then Kelli, Jono and Thea turned up to see us, while in the area they were here about an hour.

Then Tim had issues with his monitor not coming on, turned out the power cord wasn’t plugged in fully.

Then I went with Tim to cash in bottles and cans. On the way home we stopped at a bakery, and I was able to get a caramel tart and a lamington, as well as a cheese & bacon pie. The pie was ok but a bit too spicy for me, I ate about half of it.

At around 5.25pm Tasha rang that she needed a new car battery and wanted her dad to sort that out she was still working and couldn’t, at first, he didn’t seem to want to help but I said he would find out if Supercheap was still open. It was and he did end up buying her a new battery and she will pay him back later. 

I slept well I remember waking at 9.30pm to pee and hearing Tasha’s voice she came to get the battery so she could install it but of course it was her dad who went up with a torch to install the damn battery. I don’t know how that went as I went back to bed and back to sleep damn quick.

The next thing I knew was I that I had to pee and when I got up to do that realised it was 4.50am so decided to stay up, I am not one to go back to bed for 10 minutes.

The temp this morning in 19 degrees at 5.30am. By 9.30am it was only 20 degrees.

I discovered when I got up that someone likely Tim ate half my lamington, I am not happy about that.

Around 7.15am it started to rain so I am glad there is no school and I don’t have to leave the house.

Kathy rang around 8.30am for a short chat like she does every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday.

I walked up to Tasha taking the walker and laundry basket with me on the walker. She met me halfway and carried the basket the rest of the way.

Tim asked me around 4pm if I wanted Hungry Jacks, I said no I had a toasted sandwich around 1.30pm and I wasn’t hungry.

I had another good night in fact one of the best nights I have had in ages I woke with the alarm, got up and had my morning wash, got dressed had banana and custard for breakie again.

Now to start my day doing nothing much other than blogging, answering a letter, vacuuming, and cleaning up the kitchen.

The temp is 17 degrees, suppose to get to 26 degrees. By 9am it was still only 19 degrees but by 9.30am it was 20 degrees. By midday it was 26 degrees.

At midday I decided to go and toss out any clothes that no longer fit, ended up tossing out 3 skirts, 2 pairs long pants, and long top.

Tim bought Hungry Jacks for lunch it was ok, not something I would want very often.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

11 comments:

  1. Look on the bright side...winter is coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it is and thankfully I don't sweat as much in winter

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a really good day. Your week sounded pretty good before that, too...except for being hot. Never heard of a lamington. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lamington is sponge cake cut into squares coated with chocolate and dipped in coconut it can b either plan or with cream in the middle or some people do jam in the middle

      Delete
  3. A person can deal with the heat by going semi naked inside the house and having lots of cold drinks. Deal with cold weather by wearing a jacket and a woolly hat. But there is no way of surviving humidity!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is the humidity that drains the life out of us and makes us feel all sticky and slimy.

      Delete
  4. YAY for sleep!!! It certainly does make the days better. I think I would be hiding my lamington!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I knew he would eat part of it I would have done so......lol

      Delete
  5. Getting more sleep is awesome news, Jo-Anne. Hope the coming week goes as well for you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sleeping well is awesome and here's hoping this is a good week

      Delete
  6. Wow, lots of visits and activities this week!

    ReplyDelete

BPD Identity Disturbance

  So here we at Thursday so it is time for a post about Borderline Personality Disorder. This week we are looking at identity disturbance. T...