Friday 15 March 2024

Parkinston's Disease Pt 9

 


Ok everyone I have spoken about the more major symptoms of Parkinson's Disease but there is what can seem like a endless list of minor symptoms. Listed here are just a few and I will explain more over the next couple of weeks.


These include such things as tiredness which I suffer from with many days needing to close my eyes for a 20-30 minute nap, depression which I also suffer from and have done for years but there are times when things start to get to me and causes me to feel like crying. Another symptom is dribbling or drooling which I have a problem with some nights.


Thankfully I don't have constipation or mental confusion, although my memory can be shit at times I write a lot of small notes for myself which may or may-not be connected to Parkinson's.


It can be difficult to know whether something is or isn't connected to the Parkinson's.


Let's look first tiredness, most people do not know what real tiredness is, it is however, common with Parkinson's and it is difficult to understand and describe if you don't have the disease.


Patients with Parkinson's often feel that doing things take a great effort compared to a normal person many tasks exhaust the suffer and even having a rest doesn't relieve the feeling of exhaustion, as you would expect it to.


The tiredness isn't just a physical thing but also a mental thing we feel lethargic and have no real interest in doing stuff but doing simple exercises and if possible going for a walk will help in the long run. I don't go for a walk but I do do some simple exercises during the day, to keep body flexible.


Next week we will talk about sleep issues.

9 comments:

  1. This series has been a godsend of understanding... and learning how sucky this really is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased people like the posts and yeah it is sucky but it is my life now

      Delete
  2. I have a friend back East who was diagnosed with Parkinsons. It's a horrible thing to happen to anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally can totally relate to the exhaustion and no amount of rest or sleep affecting it. With fibromyalgia I also have chronic fatigue. Any task can feel overwhelming some days. It got so bad over the whole cancer thing that for two years I barely left my chair (and I sleep here, too, because of back pain). Even going to the bathroom felt like I had run the race track in high school...let alone take a shower. When I pushed myself to tackle some task in little bits of effort--(like all that purging!)--when I finished I could barely move for a couple-three days. And that would be the only thing I could do--not even shower or wash clothes or anything else. Washing clothes! Just doing that and getting them put away took me days--sometimes over a week. So you can understand why I have been delighted to finally see days since November where I have some energy and it is easier to push through and get the laundry done and put away in one day like I used to be able to do. Still is exhausting, but what a feeling of accomplishment!

    And with fibromyalia I also feel like I have the flu all the time--with all over body aches, too. And the more I do the worse I hurt and the sharper the pain gets. So exercising...like my doctor said, I'm between a rock and a hard place. I need to keep moving around, but can't do much or I am immobilized for days in pain and exhaustion. It's a balancing act I've been doing for over 20 years. I had more leeway before the cancer. I could judge better what would set the symptoms off worse and how long I'd be out of commission if I did this or that. Since November that is starting to come back. I'm able to do a bit more and have some idea how my body will react.

    Anyways, I can so relate to the exhaustion and even little things seeming overwhelming to accomplish. My heart goes out to you, lady.
    *love and hugs from Fargo*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having fabromyalgia and chronic fatigue would not be nice I know that fabromyalgia can make one's body ache and as you said feel like they have the flu all the damn time.

      Not being able to sleep in our bed without pain and feeling comfortable is also not nice, I have had times mysef when sleeping due to pain and in my case shaking is so hard that the following day I am napping in my chair.

      Doesn't it feel horribe when trying to do something leaves us feeling like we just tried to run up a mountain.

      I do only simple exercises each day sometimes while sitting to try and keep my body working but there are times when I am finished I am so exhausted.

      Things were worse before I started taking Madopar .

      I feel for you with all you have been through, 20 years of struggling is a long time, you have had to deal with so much pain and frustration over the years. I would take my hat of to you if I wore one.....

      Delete
    2. What a crummy thing to have in common, eh? Chronic health issues. Hat off to you, too...if I wore one. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing this information. My prayers are always with you. Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to drop by and read the post

      Delete

Earth Facts/Weather

  It is Monday and the last day of the school holidays. It is also time for thi s week’s facts, this week we are looking at weather. The w...