Thursday 4 July 2013

A bit about movies........................


What is your favourite movie?
How often do you watch movies?
Do you prefer a particular type of movie, ie: comedy, drama, thriller,si fi, or maybe you don't care what type of movie you watch as long as you find it interesting and can hold your attention.
Have you ever walked out on a movie at the cinema? I have a number of years back in fact so long ago I can't remember when but I do remember the movie it was Miami Vice http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0430357/
Now I loved the tv show but the movie sucked thankfully I didn't pay to see it I had won tickets to see it.


As for favourite movies well I don't have a favourite I have a number of movies that I really liked such as the Die Hard movies http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095016/


I also like the Death Wish movies http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071402/
I don't watch movies very often I just don't seem to have the time to watch a movie uniterupted.  I record movies from Foxtel and will often watch a movie over a few days. http://www.foxtel.com.au/default.htm

16 comments:

  1. I, like you, find it hard to have the two hour uninterrupted stretch to just sit and watch a movie, but every now and then, it is nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is nice when it happens just doesn't happen very often

      Delete
  2. John Wayne, especially The Shootist, The Sons Of Katie Elder, and Rio Lobo; American Graffiti; A Time To Kill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John Wayne is good and I do like some of his movies but I haven't seen many of them

      Delete
  3. My favorite movie is The Shawshank Redemption. I have a lot of movies that I have watched many times...The Help, About a Boy, The Full Monty, (walking over to my collection) the Color Purple, Love Actually, Gosford Park...aren't you glad you asked!? I've never walked out of a movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah The Shawshank Redemption was a bloody good movie and the Full Monty was bloody funny.......

      Delete
  4. I don't have a favorite genre but I probably tend to watch more comedies than anything else. Most of the new stuff is rather forgettable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree about many of the new movies be forgettable

      Delete
  5. I wanted to walk out on a movie several years ago because of the terrible language. Now it is so common and I still hate it!

    I love movies, but usually wait until they come out on DVD as my husband doesn't like to go to the movies. He is supposed to take me today because it is raining cats and dogs here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I hate that so many movies are full of foul language and honsetly I don't think there is a need for it.........my husband also doesn't like to go to the movie

      Delete
  6. my favorite movie is by far Edward Scissorhands it is just so emotional

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will rent some DVD's about once a month or so. We don't go to the theaters very often due to the high cost but we do go once or twice a year.

    My favorite movie is the Shawshank Redemption. But I do love the Die Hard movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even own a dvd player any mored, and yeah I get what you mean about the high cost of going to the movies also I like to be able to pause a movie when I need to go to the loo or go in search of food or drink

      Delete
  8. I am not a great movie person JO-Anne, but I don't mind a few, and I like 'The Notebook'..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many movies are dribble well by that I mean the new movies we see coming out

      Delete

Parkinson's Disease Pt 11

  Here we are at another Friday which means it is time for more about Parkinson’s this week we are looking at depression. Depression is ve...