Monday 18 April 2011

Water update


On Saturday morning while I was out shopping with Kathy-Lee hubby rang Electrolux about the dishwasher and it is still under warranty so they will be out tomorrow to have a look at it and if we are right and it's the hose that cracked they will also reimburse as the cost of the carpet cleaner we hired to suck up the water.

The carpet is much better today yes it is still damp but it has dryed a lot better then I thought it would on Saturday morning when I got up and found the water everywhere. The downside is I do wonder what it is like under the carpet and if it will become mouldy, it would be good if Electrolux would pay to have the underside of the carpet dryed out. I guess we will just have to wait and see what they say tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Not sure if you own the home or not but if so would you be able to put in a claim on homeowners ins. for flooding and have them professionally take care of it? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb

    We rent through the government but do have contents or renters insurance and hubby and I have talked about whether we should see about makeing a claim at first we will see what Electrolux says tomorrow then decide what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's certainly worth asking about drying the carpets. glad it's starting to dry out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yevisha

    I hope the bloke comes while hubby is home as I hate dealing with these people as I always forget to ask something.

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...