Wednesday 3 April 2013

Ok I am here at last after being busy yesterday and the day before that


I started this yesterday afternoon but with one thing or another never got around to finishing it and posting it so here I am today still writing yesterdays post.

Ok I was over at the breast screen centre for hours left home at 9.20am got home at 2.30pm, had another mamogram and 2 ultasounds they talked about doing a biopsy but decided against it.
For some unknown reason my left arm was bleeding from a small hole in it. It started at 8.30am well that was when I noticed it bleeding and cleaned it and put a band aid on it only to find out when I was getting the mamogram done again that it was still bleeding, the nurse replaced the band aids.


However while I was in the waiting room waiting for my ultrasound the same nurse noticed that it was still bleeding and that I had blood all over the sleve of the gown I was wearing so she took me into a room and replaced the band aids with those strips to hold it close and another clear bandage thing...................it still didn't stop and after I was finished at the breast screen place the nurse wanted me to go over to the emergency department I didn't really want to but she was insistent.


She even walked me over to the emergency dept and spoke to the triage nurse anyway at  A & E  it was cleaned and a pressure bandgage applied which I left on till I had my bath and it seemed to had worked but guess what about half an hour after my bath I noticed it bleeding again this time Tim applied another band aid and it stopped..........


I did find out that one of the medications I take Plavix is a blood thinner and they wondered if that was why my arm kept bleeding but I have never had that problem before and have been on the Plavix for a couple of years now.


Anywaybut it was because of the bleeding they wouldn't do the biopsy because they would have had to do it using the mamogram machine to pinpoint the right place as the spot they saw on the mamogram wasn't showing up on the ultrasound. Also the needle they would have had to use was a big ass needle not a fine one like they use when they do it via the ultrasound and the doctor was worried I would bleed to much.


 I will get a phone call on Thursday telling what happens next the doctor wanted to discuss it at their weekly meeting. I will either have to have the biopsy done or they will do another mamogram in 6 months time.


Before I leave you I will tell you that today it is this....................

16 comments:

  1. That is so strange about the bleeding- hoping that it stays healed over. I'll be holding you in my prayers, my friend, and hope that all goes well with the dr.'s~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is strange Jessica was only saying this morning why do I bleed from different spots on my arms and legs yes I get scabs but something had to be there first and I don't know why I bleed like I do it is as if I just have to bump my leg or arm and it bleeds

      Delete
  2. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    OMG, what could be the cause!!! I also I'll be holding you in my prayers. When I didn't know the reason for my restless-legs, I was so anxious. Please Take Care of Yourself.

    S sorry for my absence lately.
    Lots of love and hugs from sis-city in Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am back to the doctor on Monday and will be asking about why could be causeing me to bleed as simple bump will cause me to bleed, then it scabs and I will pick at the scab and it will bleed more.......

      Delete
  3. That is odd about the bleeding. Even if the Plavix is keeping the bleeding from clotting...what is causing the bleeding? Did you accidentally cut your arm? Hope everything is all right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you know I have not given it much thought about why I bleed to start with till Jessica said something to day about it as I was sitting talking to her and suddenly notice my leg was bleeding

      Delete
  4. That's crazy about the bleeding. I hope that doesn't happen again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crazy it took all day for the bleeding to stop, but why it bleed in the first place is beyond me

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness. I'm glad they got the bleeding stopped but how scary really! My grandpa was on blood thinners and they had to monitor him from time to time. I hope that they keep a close eye on you if they choose not to do the biopsy. That's scary all in itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't concerned at the time but since then I have started to wonder why I just start to bleed form differnt points for no reason.

      They do want to do a biopsy sometime in the next couple of weeks

      Delete
  6. I was supposed to take plavix after my leg operation, but it made my nose bleed at any sneeze, snort, or nose blowing. That stuff is Dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it was a blood thinner but now I do and now I wonder if it has something to do with why I bleed so much

      Delete
  7. I am sending positive and healing vibes your way, Jo-Anne. I hope they figure out the cause of why you're not clotting correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How worrying, Jo-Anne! And yes, a blood thinner would absolutely keep the blood flowing as it could not form a scab!

    You must be very careful in the future!

    Hope you have a good weekend, my friend.

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you're OK. And that you enjoy the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds a bit of a worry. I hope all is okay when they finish the tests. Blood thinners are a problem.

    ReplyDelete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...