Wednesday 14 February 2024

Aussie Slang

 Good morning all, we are in for another stinking bloody hot day here in Newie anyway while I can still function more or less and if you could see how many mistakes I am making you would go with less functioning not more, just saying, what was I saying, oh yeah it is time for some Aussie Slang.


Turps: Turpentine or pure alcohol, if you go on the turps it means you are on a drinking binge


Two Up: A gambling game played by tossing tow coins simultaneously, that's all I know never played the game


Tafe: Stands for Technical and further education common here in Australia, I went to Tafe after I left high school


Uni: University you know like college in some countries


Ute: A utility vehicle like a pick up part car part small truck like rear in which to store shit, it was designed to travel over rough ground like on a cattle station but is seen everywhere now days



8 comments:

  1. I regularly use all your words, but I don't consider them slang. I worked at a TAFE Institute for 28 years :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also don't think of many of the words I share as slang because they are just part of everyday speech to me

      Delete
  2. Yes know those words and use them at times Jo-Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew Uni, but none of the rest. I hear the "uni" abbreviation here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Let me guess you know have forgotten them.........lol

      Delete
  5. Like always, I find these very interesting. I may have possibly guessed Uni if I was asked.

    ReplyDelete

Australian's Under Fire in PNG

  Ok it is time for some more about Australia under fire in 1942 starting off this week with Port Moresby, which is in the PNG or Papua New ...