Thursday 26 November 2020

Thursday is Poem Day

 

If Only You Could Have Stayed

©  More By Catherine Lamberton

Published: March 2011

Constantly thinking,
never to be the same.
The tears fall quickly
just hearing your name.

Silence is golden,
yet not anymore.
Silence brings thoughts
I just can't ignore.

The nights are sleepless,
dreams out of reach.
Crying in my pillow
to you I beseech.

Surrounded by family,
I still feel alone.
My heart is so empty.
This pain I must own.

I wish I could hug you
and just see your face.
But now I have memories
to stand in your place.

Gone but not forgotten,
that's what they say.
Of course that is true...
but if only you could have stayed.



Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/if-only-you-could-of-stayed

4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful poem you found Jo-Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an excellent poem. Thank you for finding it and sharing it with us.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem. Feelings of longing that many people could not express into words. Hugs. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaert D......Thank you, it is

    Janie......It's what I do

    Nancy.......So true

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's Disease Pt 11

  Here we are at another Friday which means it is time for more about Parkinson’s this week we are looking at depression. Depression is ve...