Tuesday 9 February 2016

A Post About Walking

Hi all there was no post yesterday, why? I have no idea other then the fact that I was busy in the morning had to go to the chemist to get a script filled, although when I get to the chemist I find out that I do not have a script for the medication that I needed, so they lent me a script so Thursday will see me off to the doctor to get prescriptions.

Yesterday saw both Blain and Leo having swimming carnivals, both boys had a good time and the weather was great not too hot and not wet so pretty good.

This morning I over slept and didn't wake up till Leo came in and woke me, so no morning walk as when I got up it was raining and I don't walk in the rain.

You know when I was a child I do not remember people walking just for the sake of walking people walked to and from different places, I always walked to school unless it was wet and sometimes if it was stinking bloody hot. I do not remember my mum going for a walk just for the sake of it.

I used to walk my girls to and from school, this I did because I was worried about them walking on their own and told them that I was walking with them for the exercise but as I just said that wasn't the whole truth. If they thought I was walking with them because I was worried about them they would get their knickers in a knot.

I like to go for my walk early in the morning and I like to go alone, no music or anyone with me to annoy me just me all alone. I usually like to think about how cool it would be if I won Loto, how I would spend the money and such.

Do you remember people walking for the sake of walking when you were a child?

Of course most days by the time I get home I am in pain, a lot of pain with my back some days it is an effort to put one foot in front of the other but most days I manage it.


Somehow my alarm clock has been changed the time isn't right and the alarm isn’t going off which is somewhat annoying, I will have to take some time today and look at it and see if I can fix it. This morning I woke up to Leo saying morning nan rise and shine. It wasn't that late though it was around 6.50am but still didn't have the time for a walk and now I will post his before I go and take Leo to school. 

15 comments:

  1. I don't remember people walking just for the sake of walking, but I do remember that we did tend to walk places more often than people tend to now. Back then we wouldn't think twice about walking (or riding a bicycle) a mile to go somewhere. Now a days people drive 1/4 mile, don't even think about walking in everyday life unless they're specifically doing it for exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true when I was younger I use to walk places all the time I preferred to walk then drive not so much now days

      Delete
  2. I think people used to walk more out of necessity because people had to share cars. My mom, for example would walk to the grocery store because my Dad had the car to get to work. I walk every morning for the exercise but because I have my own car, I rarely walk to anywhere because I have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I walk of a morning for exercise but not so much to get from point A to B, I use to just not any more

      Delete
  3. I didn't walk for the sake of walking as a child. My parents started to do so in about 1976. As a child, I usually walked to and from school (alone), walked the dog (alone except for the dog), and walked to the playground (alone). No one kept an eye on me. My mother didn't take notice of me unless I got my hands or shoes dirty. If I had disappeared, no one would have noticed for quite some time. I like to walk with Franklin, but I've gotten out of the habit and need to get back to it. It's difficult because I like to be up at night and sleep during the day. My neighborhood is nice, but it's not safe to walk alone anywhere after dark--not even crowded shopping areas.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah most areas are not that safe to go walking around after dark, only yesterday afternoon Blain wanted to walk to his friends place just up the road and his mum and me were worried as because he is only 10 and what not, however, when I was a child younger than Blain I walked to and from school each day and around to the shops alone

      Delete
  4. No nobody walked for the sake of walking. Athletes ran around the track, but if anything families wandered around the block with babies in strollers on occasion or rode bicycles as a family. They were considered health nuts--ROFL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yell yeah I remember thinking such people were health nuts myself

      Delete
  5. Walking wasn't the done thing unless you were walking from point A to point B...remember that well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I even thought it was silly to walk for exercise now I love going for a morning walk

      Delete
  6. I love walking just to walk! Same as you with no music and no other people around! It's a great, refreshing way to start the day! Hope that you are well Jo-Anne! :-)
    Cathy@threekidsandafish{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is wonderful isn't it, I am not one for company walking alone is the best

      Delete
  7. I love walking just to walk! Same as you with no music and no other people around! It's a great, refreshing way to start the day! Hope that you are well Jo-Anne! :-)
    Cathy@threekidsandafish{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not so much as a child, but certainly as a teenager. I loved going down the darkened road with my transistor playing the late baseball game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my yeah I remember having a transistor radio and taking it with me everywhere

      Delete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...