Tuesday 16 February 2016

A Post About Footwear or Lack Thereof

What a Tuesday I have had, what have I done?
Nothing much at all, but it has been another bloody hot day here in Newie.
Anyway been thinking today about how I don't wear shoes inside my home but also cannot go barefoot outside of the home.

While at home I just walk around barefoot or in winter I will wear socks inside. However, I do not like to even walk just outside the front door to the seat to sit and talk to Natasha or Tim while they are smoking without shoes on my feet.

This made me think about when did I start to wear thongs, I don't remember, I may ask mum when I speak to her tonight or tomorrow. The thing is that Natasha and Jessica wear thongs a lot and Kathy does as well but Kathy is more a flat shoe type of person, whereas her sisters are not.

Natasha for many years was one of those girls who would wear heels all the bloody time except when she was at home. Now, however, she wears thongs a lot and she wears joggers a lot she needs to wear enclosed shoes for walk like most people.

Jessica use to wear super high platform shoes but now she wears a semi-flat enclosed shoe most of the time.

My niece Kelli doesn't like wearing shoes at all even when she goes shopping, at times she will put on a pair of shoes but they end up annoying her and she takes them off and walks around barefoot.

Of course all children are expect to wear the proper footwear to school, here is is usually black shoes with either white or grey socks, been that way as long as I can remember. However, when my mum was a school girl she didn't school shoes in fact she didn't shoes to school at all till she started high school. Now days we can't imagine sending our child to school barefoot even if it was allowed.

Now back to what I was saying about thongs, I wear thongs a lot have done most of my life but out of my 4 grandchildren, none, zero,nadda wear thongs which to be honest is somewhat annoying as thongs are pretty cheap to buy and allow the foot to breathe and sweat and are in my opinion pretty good. Unless you are doing a lot of walking then not so good for me, I find if I was to try walking any distance in thongs my calves start to ache, my sister Sandra was saying only last Friday that she has the same problem if she tries to walk a distance in thongs.

My feet sweat a lot so I do like to be barefoot, but also because of how much my feet sweat I have to wear socks or stockings with my shoes (except thongs) or I will end up with blisters on my feet. In fact the last week or so I have been wearing booties to bed because I have this one toenail that keeps catching on the sheets and I feel if I am not careful I will end up with torn sheets.

So do you wear thongs?
While at home do you wear some kind of footwear?



11 comments:

  1. I always seem to wear sandals, rarely wear a filled in shoe, I don't have any actually. Do have short boots but only for a very cold winter's day. I used to wear socks with thongs years ago :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never worn socks with thongs, but know people who do, oh how I would love a pair of nice boots

      Delete
  2. Can't you cut your toenails???
    I wear thongs around my place but kick them off when inside.
    The latest variety of CHEAP Chinese rubbish are never to be worn on wet ground, unless you have a desire to break your neck etc.
    They have no gripping stuff underneath the soles. Absolute rubbish even if only $2.00 at some outlets, why break your neck, arm or leg to make the Chinese manufacturers better off.
    Why can't be make simple bloody things as thongs in Australia????
    Colin
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope can't manage to cut my own toenails any more, well I can manage my left foot but not my right.

      Hell yeah some no most of those cheap thongs and an accident waiting to happen, in wet weather I will not wear them because I will end up falling and breaking something

      Delete
  3. I never go barefooted anymore. Used to love it when I was younger but developed Plantar Fasciitis. I now wear a variety of shoes but they are all expensive with good arch support. There is a line of thongs (we call them flip-flops here) that I buy but they are about $70.00 each so I try to find them on sale. If I only wear good shoes my feet never hurt. If I walk on a hard surface barefoot, it feels like walking on nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl - Surely you jest???
      $70.00 for a pair of thongs (Flip-flops!).
      I didn't think the House of Dior went in for designer thongs!
      If your "designer" thongs are Nike or some such brand - they are all made in Mainland China "sweat factories" for peanuts, making Chinese overlords multi millionaires and then Nike etc jack up their prices - that constitutes obscenity profiteering in my eyes.
      Colin

      Delete
    2. Yeah I have seen thongs around for $70 or more when we were in Hawaii Tim went to get a pair of thongs and nearly fainted at the price.

      Plantar Fasciitis is a condition I have heard off and as such I know how painful it can be, my mum has spurs on her heals which make walking very painful, she also has to wear really good, really expensive shoes other wise the pain is near unbearable at times

      Delete
  4. I never wear shoes in my house! Not because I make guests take off their shoes or anything, I'm just comfier. My mom always puts on some sort of shoe inside, and my brother usually does too. I can't stand to just be hanging out at home wearing shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get wearing shoes inside the house to me it is just strange, the first thing I do when I walk inside is take my shoes off.

      Delete
  5. I do and I love them - aside from thongs, I using wear sneakers. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have plantar fasciitis so I always have shoes on when I leave the house and at home I wear fluffy socks or slippers. Used to be barefoot all summer. Too cold to go barefoot in the winter here.

    ReplyDelete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...