Sunday 30 June 2024

Week 26 of 2024

 


Had a good night, woke once I think, in for another cold and wet day the temp now is 10 degrees or 50 degrees if you’re in the USA. My BGL is 4.3.

I did a load of washing and hung it on the clothes hoists.

Tim had to go and put fuel in the car, I stayed home. It has rained on and off all day.

Around 4.30pm Tim put the heater on and after half an hour I started to feel hot and had to go and take my long sleeve jacket off.

Had another good night, I slept through the night waking with the alarm, it is 6 degrees and my BGL is 5.2.

It has reached a top of 17 degrees.

Have answered 3 letters today.

At the start of the year Tim bought himself a pedometer to count his steps during the day but said he couldn’t get it to work. I have decided to wear it and I have no problem with it working. Of a morning, I press reset and attach it to my pants that’s it. I have no idea what Tim was trying to do with it.

I have also borrowed Tasha’s power fit machine and managed to use it for 4 minutes today which was with me standing on it.

I walked 1,514 steps today

Damn these cold mornings suck and to add to annoyance this morning I have no bread for toast, no fruit, no custard and no milk for cereal and it is only 4 degrees. My BGL is 4.1

Had a phone call from Lake Mac Council about the bulk waste collection we have to pay $120 for it as our landlord which is the NSW government do not pay something that covers it and so it is up to each tenant to arrange and pay for their own collection.

So, I told Tim and Tasha about the phone call and they both went off their heads, ringing the Doh and saying they were lying to us when they said they didn’t know what going on. I ended up with a headache from it all.

Jessica came and set the chemist app on my phone for me, took her a while to figure it out but looks ok now.

Both Jess and I went to meet Sam and Tash saw us walking up and joined us, Sam was surprised to see us all there.

It is 19 degrees and not cold, just nice at the moment. I walked 1,240 steps today.

It doesn’t feel as cold this morning even though it is only 7 degrees.  I slept well waking with the alarm. My BGL is 5.1

Tim took a bunch of the bananas to work to just sit on the table for whoever wants one, someone did the same with apples and they got eaten.

I did a bit this morning in the way of housework, and it felt good. I have borrowed Tasha’s powerfit and have started using it for 10 minutes each day. I do most of it while sitting but manage a few minutes standing.

I had banana and custard for breakie and a banana sandwich for lunch.

The temp has risen to 20 degrees, and I am starting to feel warm.

Tim said when he returned to the depo after his morning school run the bananas were gone.

I did 1,822 steps today.

Another cold morning but I felt warm for a bit of it had to open the front door a crack for about 20 minutes.

My BGL is 4.8 and the temp is 6 degrees. By midday it was 17 degrees.

I made myself some hot chips for lunch which I had on a sandwich with cheese.

I decided to ask and seed if someone can drive me to Glendale tomorrow so I can take the bananas to Kathy so she can make me some banana bread. I don’t think I can go over and drop off the bananas as Kathy said not to go at 1.45pm. and that is a bit late, I don’t expect to find someone to drive me.

I did 1,870 steps

Had a not so good night, I was restless and kept waking to pee like every couple of hours and it was a cold night. I ended up getting up at 4.45am as even though I was in a nice warm bed I felt like I was shivering, which is what my internal tremor feels like. It is 3 degrees and my BGL is 4.3

It warmed up to 17 degrees.

While I was using the powerfit Michael arrived to pick up the bananas. I am doing better with the powerfit, I can now stand on it for up to 4 minutes before needing to sit for a bit.

I did 1,801 steps today.

Another rough night, I spent hours tossing and turning before I settled, and I also had to get up 4 times to pee.

It is 7 degrees and my BGL was 3.0 a bit low this morning, which is I suspect part of the reason I am shaking so much.

I have now had breakie and I hope that helps settle the tremor.

When Tim got up, we went to the shops while there Kathy rang, I answered and told her I would ring her back when I got home. Which I did.

Tim is working this afternoon/night.

I did1,648 steps.

REMEMBER I LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH AND YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME. I am so very proud of you and how far you have come over the last few months

 

 

14 comments:

  1. What was the reason for having two banana meals in one day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just because I had them here, no real reason for it

      Delete
  2. I'd like to know the reason for the bananas, too. Proud of you for getting in so much exercise, Jo-Anne. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like bananas and just decided to have a banana sandwich not something I have every often. Thank you I am proud of myself for doing as much as I am

      Delete
  3. Wow girl, you are raking in the steps! Good for you! That alone should have you sleeping better at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased that my step number at the end of the is a decent one, no where near the 15,000 I was able to do 15yrs ago but better then I expected.

      Delete
  4. Does seem like when you BGL is low you don't sleep well. Maybe it is a pattern. Looks like you are keeping track. Otherwise, a good but chilly week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am trying to keep track of things like my BGL and how often I empty my bowels which Tim thought was silly until the neurologist asked about how often I go and went on a bit about it and saying keeping track of it would be a good thing.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you are really trying to take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your week was mixed, but there were 2 good nights

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny that you mentioned it was 50F, we got down to that last night and it's supposedly the coldest July 1st low ever here

    ReplyDelete

Surinam Toad

  Hello everyone since it is Tuesday it is freaky creature day and today’s creature is the Surinam Toad. The common Surinam toad or star-f...