Monday 3 June 2024

Nicaragua

 


Hello everyone, let’s kick off this week with a little bit of info about another Central American country this week it is Nicaragua.

It is the largest Central American country set between the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. It is known for its many volcanoes and lakes and its two coastlines with coral reefs and mangrove forests which are rich with flora and fauna.



The capital is Managua, the country has a population of around 7 million. Its government is a republic, and the currency is called Cordoba. The official name of the country is the Republic of Nicaragua. The official language is Spanish.

Their flag is a horizontally striped, blue white with a central coat of arms. The coat of arms includes a triangle for equality, a liberty cap for freedom and five volcanoes between two oceans, symbolic of the five original Central American countries between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.



The flag was first adopted on 4 September 1908 but not made official until 27 August 1971. It is based on and inspired by the flag of the Federal Republic of Central America and flag of Argentina.

It isn’t a country where peace is the norm, in fact there have been a number of civil wars like dating back to 1926.

Right now, it is a country where certain security precautions need to be taken, especially for women travelling alone. The Nicaragua government says it is not a place at war or overrun by drug cartels. How safe it is I have no idea but not a country I will be going too.

 

14 comments:

  1. One of my sons got to go there along with several other Central American Countries and he has a wonderful experience and a good opinion. He went for a Fulbright Scholarship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not anywhere I would want to travel, either. Glad to hear some positives about others traveling there, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I don't think I believe them. I went to Costa Rica for a few weeks, took a boat up the river into Nicaragua. It's a SCARY place. Everyone had a gun on their shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally have doubts about how accurate the information I found is

      Delete

  4. It's probably very beautiful with the many lakes.
    But I will probably never fly there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a friend that tells me that in Texas, Mosquitos are the state BIRD. I have no desire to see how big they get down there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the information. Always great to learn about different countries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so as there is so much most of us do not know

      Delete

A bit about asthma

Hello everyone, today we are looking at a serious medical condition called Asthma, a conditioned I am sure most people have heard of. I have...