Sunday 23 June 2024

Week 25 of 2024



What a night I had up and down like a yo yo either needing to pee or just feeling restless.  I have been up since 4.50am. It is 9 degrees, my BGL was 5.2 and it’s cold.

Yet again Facebook removed the post with the link to my blog saying it’s spam, just so annoying.

When Tim got up, I turned off what I was watching as I do so not to bother him, I commented that I was very cold after a few minutes Tim got up and went down the hall. He didn’t come back, and I found him in his office with the heater going. I was annoyed but he didn’t get why.

Tim spent a fair bit of time out the back getting rid of weeds, it left him exhausted, and he had to do it bits and pieces.

Got to a top of 15 degrees.

Had a good night woke only 3 times to pee and straight back to sleep afterwards. It is only 9 degrees this morning and my BGL is 4.1.

It reached a top of 15 degrees or for my American readers 59 degrees. I was so cold that when Tasha came down with washing for the dryer, I was so pleased as the dryer is in the dining room area, and it helped warm the area and I was in the lounge room part it is all in one and having the dryer run warmed it nicely. In fact, when Tim came home as he was doing a split shift and commented about the dryer, I told him I was so glad she was running it due to how cold the house was. He said nothing more about it, I also told him I hoped she had a second load for it as the house is so cold.

I went to meet Sam, but Jess was already there.

Had a good night and woke only once at 2am that I can recall, I woke with the alarm and a headache at 5am. The temp was 10 degrees or for those in the USA 50 degrees my BGL was 4.3.

After a while the headache went away and I started to feel better, I managed to read emails, read blogs, post a blog. Vacuum out and wash both the kitchen and bathroom floors, do a load of towels and unpack the groceries.

By midday it was 16 degrees or 60.8 degrees for those in the USA.

This arvo I wrote one letter I now have a small pile to be posted.

What a cold morning, only 6 degrees when I got up at 5am have the heater going in the lounge room and thankfully I have a heater in the bathroom so when I have my wash and get dressed in the morning the room is warm. My BGL was 4.3.

I am very cold this morning and had the heater going for way longer than normal.

I have times when I am sad for no reason or over something minor and I can't shake it. I often have moments when I feel so unimportant in people's lives, maybe that is because I am I don't know now I feel flat.

I woke with the alarm, I was dreaming, can’t remember what it was just that I was, and I woke with a heavy head. Although after a wash and some moisturizer I felt a little more awake. The temp is only 2 degrees this morning and I don’t know my BGL as the machine needs a new battery.

After Sam left, I thought I would stop at Tasha’s and get her to post some letters off for me but unfortunately her door was locked, and she was in her bedroom blow drying her hair and couldn’t hear me. Even though I was standing at her bedroom window, waving my arms around and calling her name, and I could see myself in her mirror she still didn’t see or hear me. I sent her a message saying I wanted to see her. She went out before seeing the message, text back saying she would be down after the gym, she didn’t turn went somewhere else instead.

I sent her a text about food she said ok, so I thought Tasha was going to bring me something for lunch she didn’t, so I had nothing well 2 small biscuits and a caramel koala. This put me in a mood which lasted a few hours. However, thankfully before going to bed I decided to give her a ring and say goodnight. We talked and I felt better so the day ended well.

Another cold start to the day with the temp at 6 degrees this morning and my BGL is 4.3, it dawned on me last night if I took the battery out and put it back in again the machine would work and it did, still need a new battery though.

Sue came over for a visit, she was here for an hour, we talked and laughed, and she shredded old documents.

Tasha bought me Macca’s for lunch. Got to a top of 16 degrees but didn’t last long before it starts to drop again.

It started to rain at 2pm so I sent Jess a text asking if she could meet Sam, no reply, thankfully it didn’t rain for long and I was able to walk up and meet her.

 

I am finishing up this entry at 1.15am Saturday morning as I woke up and became restless so decided to get up for half an hour or so. At this time it is 8 degrees.

After returning to bed at 2am I slept ok, I had to get up three times to go to the loo in three hours but each time I went straight back to sleep.

It is 9 degrees, my BGL is 4.7 and I must wake Tasha at 6am so she can make sure Blain gets of to work on time and she is taking me for blood tests.

Tim and I went out to do some stuff, he had an appointment with the optometrist and of course he needs new glasses that’s going to cost around $500. I went to the chemist and to Hot Bargain, then I went and waited in the car for Tim.

Next, we went to Lake Fair Shopping centre so Tim could cash in some empty bottles after that we went to Big W and I was able to get a 2pk of crop top bras, another long sleeve singlet and a new pair of Pyjamas pants.

Kathy rang and we had a good talk about stuff.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


7 comments:

  1. You know Jo-Anne you have days where you get quite a bit done. I think it was last year or 2 years ago, it wasn’t that way. And you’re getting out and about.
    I’m sorry you were feeling unimportant. Remember, “feelings” are not facts. You are very important to your family and to your blogger friends. But I get it. I used to have down feelings a few years back - couldn’t really put my finger on what was wrong and then one day, I felt better. Our mental health can be weird like that. 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was only around a year or so ago I couldn't do much at all but being medicated for the Parkinson's has made a huge difference. My mental health isn't always great and those feelings are just how I am feeling at the time and not as you said the way it is. I know I am an important part of many people's lives, I was just having a bad moment and thankfully it has pasted. I truly appreciate your kind words and feelings they do help with my metal struggles

      Delete
  2. Restless sleep like that can be frustrating! Hopefully the next few days are better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not getting enough sleep or good sleep makes a big difference for me. But you are doing more than you used to, so you must be feeling better in general. That's good. I'm glad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am doing more and I feel more like me then I did a year or so back. Sleep is so important and yet so many of us struggle with it

      Delete
  4. Well ... it's 103 here. I would so love it to be 60 degrees, and here you are halfway across the world freezing. I'm glad the dryer is warming you up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes having the dryer in the dinning room area does help not that I use it that much but when I do it can really warm up the area.

      Delete

A bit about asthma

Hello everyone, today we are looking at a serious medical condition called Asthma, a conditioned I am sure most people have heard of. I have...