Monday 24 June 2024

France

 


Hello everyone, here we are at Monday again and this week we are still in Western Europe with the country many people consider the country of love, France.

It is a country that includes medieval cities, beaches and alpine villages. It is known for its fashion houses, awesome museums and the Eiffel Tower, oh and of course its wines and what some call a sophisticated cuisine, just to name a few things. Although this Aussie gal doesn’t think of snails and frog legs as sophisticated, they are more on the gross side for me.



The capital is Paris, it has a population of around 68 million it was founded on the 10 Aug 843AD.

The currency is the Euro since 2002 before that it was the Franc.

The flag is a vertical tricolour flag with blue, white and red which has been around since the 15 February 1794, however, in 1976 a lighter version of it was adopted.



It has a unitary and semi-presidential system of government which consists of an executive branch, a legislative branch and a judicial branch. Executive power is exercised by the president. A semi-presidential republic also know as a dual executive republic, is a republic in which a president exists alongside a prime minister and a cabinet.

It is the Prime Minister of France through the government and parliament that overseas much of the nation’s day to day domestic affairs. The President wields significant influence and authority in the fields of national security and foreign policy.  



The country has problems with terrorist attacks and the national terror warning is at its highest level, and of course there is crime in France as in every country.

Since 1495 France as played a part in around 130 wars.

16 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you ob snails and frog legs!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like most of the food in this country. But baguette and croissants taste good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah croissants and a baguettes usually taste nice

      Delete
  3. Can't imagine eating snail and frog legs Jo-Anne, if I didn't know I wasn't that would be better. That is also a lot of people living there as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah maybe if I ate it and didn't know but then maybe not

      Delete
  4. 130...that's a lot. We have had that many in the world?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the info. I didn't enjoy the Country while there. They are a largely unfriendly lot and not for the likes of me. They were even rude in Paris for example, when we did our best to speak French. The found that not acceptable, and we wound up having to speak German to accomplish what we were trying to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have heard that the French are not that friendly with tourists and people who do not speak the language.

      Delete
  6. I liked France so much that I took French in high school and college. Sadly, I never went there so I could use it. I have heard they are an unfriendly lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have heard they are not a friendly lot also

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful place! I went there back in the early 80s, so I'm sure there are MANY changes since then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound like a beautiful place and the photos I have seen are wonderful

      Delete

A bit about asthma

Hello everyone, today we are looking at a serious medical condition called Asthma, a conditioned I am sure most people have heard of. I have...