Friday 7 July 2023

Jo-Anne's Thoughts

 


Good morning all not real cold thankfully, well here we are at Friday a day for Jo-Anne's thoughts and this week I am thinking about tattoos.

Tattoos are not a new thing but they have become far more common place, there was a time when you wouldn't see many females with them, nor would you see a cop with a tattoo but that has changed.

I have a few small tattoos myself and Tim has one on his upper arm, my daughters all have tattoos but two of them have gone overboard in my opinion.

I just don't think having them on one's face and neck to be a good look on either men or females.

I have often wondered how often some looks at their tattoos and think what the hell was I thinking getting this done. I know my niece regrets getting a big tattoo on her back of a skull with blood dripping from it. But when you are young you are often going to make some bloody stupid decisions because you are young and think you know everything.

These things are pretty much permanent as having them removed isn't easy or cheap.

Surgical removal, also called excision tattoo removal, involves cutting off tattooed skin and stitching remaining skin back together. It's the most invasive method of tattoo removal, but also the only guaranteed way to completely remove a tattoo.

Prices for tattoo removal vary based on such factors as removal method, tattoo size, existing scars, skin colour, body part, ink colours, and ink depth cost can run into the thousands.

15 comments:

  1. For me, Tats are yet another stupidity my dislike of pain spared me from. But to each their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been a fan of tattoos, I guess. I suppose I am glad I never got one now that I am 72 and they would probably look stretched or saggy--LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah what some tattoos look like terrible on an old body

      Delete
  3. Wear tattoos on your bum or upper thighs, snd share them with your intimate friends. But tattoos on the face in public scares small children and elder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a fan of a lot of tattoos than can be seen especially large ones. Don't care for sleeves at all as I can never make out what that sleeve is supposed to be when I see people passing by with one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah I get that my daughter has a sleeve as does my grandson's father but not something I would do

      Delete
  5. Not a fan, but as the saying goes, to each his own. I have one very small and wish I didn't...it's only the size of my thumb nail but how stupid of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel small meaningful ones are best mine are my grandson's names

      Delete
  6. I appreciate the art of tatoos, but I do think, as those with them age, they start looking less artistic as the "canvas" droops, wrinkles, or bloats.

    ReplyDelete

BPD Identity Disturbance

  So here we at Thursday so it is time for a post about Borderline Personality Disorder. This week we are looking at identity disturbance. T...