Tuesday 15 December 2020

Indestructible Suff

 

Another Tuesday has arrived and more indestructible stuff today's stuff is Titanium

It is used in artificial body part it will likely contain titanium this incredible metal combines three brilliantly useful qualities meaning it's strong, it's light and resistant to corrosion which means it doesn't break, dissolve or wear away easily.

These properties make it very useful in the modern world and can be found in planes engines and spacecraft parts things that need to get on and off the ground without falling apart. It's used to make underwater tools used by divers, as well as in jewellery, lightweight camping gear top quality horseshoes and much much more.

Some of the best prosthetic legs are made of titanium so they can take weight without being to heavy. Hips are also made of titanium



11 comments:

  1. I can testify to its qualities. I have 2 rods holding my back together after a horse came over on me. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sia song, "Titanium." It symbolizes so much about our inner strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    That is a great silvery gray metal with many uses.
    You had me smile with stating that hips are made of titanium... Mine are not But yes, replacement hips are.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Titanium is really amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing to know the many uses of Titanium.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto, amazing. If I live long enough, I might find out about titanium hips. LOL. Take care and have a good week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder if the Six Million Dollar Man had Titanium parts...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I think I'm indestructible.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ian.......amazing dtuff, isn't it

    Mama......Can't place the song

    Mareitte..,.....Mine are not

    Rita.........I amgree

    Nancy.......Yes it is

    Kea......My mum;s hip is only one the other is bone

    Chris......I wonder indeed

    Janie.....Yep

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's and walking

  Well, here we are at another Friday so here is a bit more about Parkinson’s Disease, this week we are looking a bit more at walking with P...