Thursday 3 December 2020

Thursday's Poem

 

When I'm With You

© 

Published: January 2008

In your arms,
I'm in my safe haven.
With you holding me tight,
I have no other craving.

All I need
is that one look
that says you're always there,
just like in a fairy tale book.

Your eyes talk to me
as the world stands still.
My once empty heart
now with love does fill.

Your eyes tell me
that you'll love me every day.
No matter what may come,
you'll be there to stay.

I tell you everything
and never with a lie:
all my worldly secrets
and everything that once made me cry.

Everything in my past,
with you I can forget it all.
I know I can trust you
to catch me if I fall.

If only I could explain
how much love I have for you.
Then maybe, just maybe,
you'd feel it too.



Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/being-in-love

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful words put together Jo-Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    Love and Trust is more powerful than anything else...
    Other things might fade over time.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! Thank you for sharing here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy.........It is

    Margaret D......Yes indeed

    Mareitte........I agree

    Carol...,...You're welcome

    Diane B......Thanks

    ReplyDelete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...