Monday 2 September 2019

Did you know no:31


Hello everyone, I hope everyone is well, as I am well here in Newie.

Here are this weeks did you know facts..........

Once if you wanted to buy a McDonald's extra value meal in Russia it would cost the average Russian worker one months's pay.
Russian's generally answer the phone by saying “I'm listening”

The first American pasta factory was opened in Brooklyn, New York, in 1848 by a Frenchman named Antoine Zerega. He managed the whole operation with just one horse in his basement to power the machinery. To dry his spaghetti he placed strands of the pasta on the roof to dry in the sunshine.

The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco connects two different areas that, before its construction, were 1,000 miles apart by Zroad.

Hans Christian Andersen was “word blind” meaning he never learned to spell correctly and his publishers always had to fix his spelling mistakes.


7 comments:

  1. The first American pasta factory was opened in Brooklyn, New York, in 1848 by a Frenchman named Antoine Zerega. He managed the whole operation with just one horse in his basement to power the machinery. To dry his spaghetti he placed strands of the pasta on the roof to dry in the sunshine.

    I had no idea! Love it! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are all great! You're teaching us new facts all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... a Mexican co-worker always answers her phone with "Bueno?" Me, it depends on the caller. Some get hello, some get yeah, and my son... well, he gets the worst of it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm fascinated by that fact about Hans Christian Andersen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never heard of word blind before, but it makes sense. There's also face blind (not being able to recognize people) and place blind, which plagues me because I get lost all the time. Places do not look familiar to me unless I've been there many, many times.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting facts which are all new to me. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandie.......I am pleased

    Rita........You're welcome

    Chris......I answer with hi or hello

    Karen......Yes that was interesting

    Janie......Yeah it does make sense

    Nancy.......Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...