Tuesday 30 April 2019

Gross Tuesday Death


Good afternoon everyone, it is Tuesday or should I say Gross Tuesday and keeping with the theme of the week I am sharing some gross funeral facts.

Passing away = passing gas, Gas continues to move through your body after you die. Morticians commonly report situations where they are caught off guard by a big fart in a room full of only dead people.

Because there is bacteria leftover in the body after you die your body is still making poo after you die.

People have been known to urinate shortly after they die as well as pooping because the gas in the body forces out remaining food.

Decomposition takes 8 to 12 years although the body starts to decompose after 24hrs, starting with the internal organs after 3-5 days the body starts to bloat and bloody foam starts to leak from the nose and
mouth.

6 comments:

  1. Joanne!! that is gross..........YUK! My mum was a nurse and had to "Layout" dead people she told me those sort of stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am NOT going to become a mortician. Farts of the living are enough- especially my own. Now, how will I know if I'm dead or alive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane.....Yes gross indeed

    Chris....That's so true and funny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck. Now I know why I could never be a funeral director. Or a coroner.

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...