Sunday 28 April 2019

The week that was No:17


Well it is time to start another week that was post, this post kicks off on a sad note as Easter Sunday my dad died, he had a bad night Saturday night so mum was going to let him sleep Sunday morning.

However, when my brother arrived around lunch time Sunday he went in to check on dad and discovered that he had passed away. Mum kept saying how stupid she felt because she didn't check on him earlier. She would walk to the bedroom open the door looked at dad thought he was still sleeping and left, now she is beating herself up for not knowing that he had passed.

Monday I did nothing much felt numb all day, spent a few hours going through photos of dad and adding them to a flash drive.

On Tuesday morning David & my sisters picked me up at 10am and drove me to Mum Dad's house as the funeral people came to discuss dad's funeral.

After all was said and done the cost was $11,900 so we changed a few things bringing the cost down to $10,085. Mum & Dad funeral insurance for $7,000 and mum will get around $1,800 from Centrelink and I have saved $1,000.

The funeral is on Monday at 10am at Belmont he will be buried at Whitebridge.

Tim has gone on and on about how my siblings do not contribute, I said they don't have the money but still he goes on and on.

Natasha picked me up and drove me home.

Wednesday morning I got up when the alarm went off but had to go back to bed 45minutes later for another hour & a half.

Thursday is Anzac Day so a public holiday here, some stores are closed all day and some for only ½ a day opening at 1pm. Tim is at work, and Kathy-Lee came over with Summer for a short visit.

Jessica & Leo went to the drive in tonight she rang Tim to ask why the low battery came on, we explained it is the car, you can't have the radio on for more then 10 minutes before it flattens the battery.

Friday I went shopping on my own as Jessica wasn't able to help me, she did pick me up and dropped me off at mum's, as the funeral celebrant came to discuss dad's funeral. I left feeling sad and left out, all my siblings have gotten together a few times for some drinks and to remember dad but have they asked me to join them, no they haven't.

Saturday, we have Leo all day and the night while his mum is working.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a sad, emotional week, for sure. Sorry your siblings haven't invited you along. Families can be trying and confusing.
    I hope there is decent weather Monday for the funeral. Hang in there.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jo-Anne, please accept my deepest condolences on the passing of your Dad. I know what that is like for a daughter's heart after losing their Dad, having also been through it. God's blessing on your Mother, you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you told your Mum, "Don't beat yourself up for giving one you love a kindness." Keep it in mind for yourselves as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jo-Anne - I am so sorry to read this ... remember the lots of wonderful things you, your father and mother have done together ... take care during these early days - all the very best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita......Yes familes can test our patience at times, although mine for the most part is a good one, going to be fine and cool today

    Katie.....Thank you condolences accepted

    Chris......Yes mum has been told repeatedly that she did nothing wrong

    Hilary......Yes many wonderful memories

    Ian.......Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in 1890's Australia

  Throughout the 1890’s conferences had been held about the six colonies forming a federation, workers formed a large part of those who vote...