Sunday 24 March 2019

The week that was No: 12


Here I am starting another week that was post, today Sunday Tim & I went over to see dad, when we arrived mum met us in the laundry to tell us that dad wanted Tim to take him to Charlestown Square to get a new mobile phone. However, just after we arrived my brother and sister in-law arrived so in the end they and Tim took dad out, he didn't get a phone but they also took dad for a drive into town, which is something dad has wanted to do for a while. I had to get Natasha to come and pick me up and bring me home.

Monday saw me unwell and I ended up spending most of the day in bed. Mum told me tonight that my sister Jeannie had a fall the other day and broke her knee, her leg is strapped up in a brace and she has been told to stay off it and rest.

Tuesday I flt much better, mum said dad wasn't great he slept a lot of the day and wasn't up to visitors, Samantha had wanted to go and see him so did Natasha but mum said not to.

Wednesday morning around 6.40am I was watching telly and checking emails and the power goes out so annoying. The next door neighbour came and asked me if we had power as he could see me working at the laptop, I said no the computer is running off the battery.

I let Leo sleep till 7.45am five minutes after the power came back on. At 8.30am I got a phone call from Breast Screen Australia cancelling my appointment, I know go next month on the 11th at 12.10pm.

Thursday was a quiet day spent at home doing nothing

Friday was shopping day, Natasha drove me to the square and came back to get me when I was done. It was also a nice coolish day.

Dad wasn't good this morning his BGL was 28.2 it should had been around 5 and there was blood all over the bed, seems that during the night he knocked his arm causing it to bleed, it gave Sue a fright when she went in to wake him this morning. His BGL's came down some during the day but was still high.

Saturday we had to vote, also Tim & Michael worked on putting up the new shed but will have to finish it next weekend. It turned out a pretty hot day, we had Leo most of the day and over night as well, his mum was working a concert.

While I was talking to mum she heard Dawson call her,my dad had fallen over again, mum told me to ring Sandy which I did but she had been drinking and couldn't go and help so she rang Sue who jumped in her car and went to help. Dawson had managed to get him off the floor and onto the bed. It isn't easy to lift dad as he doesn't do anything to help, so it is like lifting a dead weight.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo-Anne - lots going on and I do hope all things ease up for you all. Take care - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if your medical system or your voting requirements would be more of a culture shock for me.... more prayers for Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Borderline Personality Disorder

  Have you heard of borderline personality disorder? Do you know what it is? Well, I am going to tell you. Borderline personality diso...