Tuesday 26 March 2019

Gross Facts No 11


Here we are at gross Tuesday and today I have some gross facts about cannibals.

One of the Aztecs' favourite recipes was a human stew called “tlacatlaolli”

In the middle ages some people ground up ancient Egyptian mummies to make medicine

Aztec priests ritually sacrificed enemies, ripping their hearts out and eating their bodies

Hot human blood, distilled brains and powered human heart have all been used as possible cures for epilepsy

The Korowai tribe on south-east Papua were cannibals up until the 1970s, when they first met outsiders for the first time

Mellified man” medicine made from soaking a human corpse in honey was used in Arabia in the 1100s.

More to come next week...........


10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - ground up mummies as medicine - YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait. What? Cannibalism is not something that I know anything about. I've seen some fictional movies about it, but that's about it. I thought that people did this back in the day strictly for food. I wasn't aware of medicinal properties were a benefit, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mellified men... wow, that is a diet aid for me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every single one of them made my stomach twist. If I read these whenever I got hungry it would be a perfect diet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandie......Yuck indeed

    Katie......Agreed

    Q......I knew none of this either

    Chris....I will pass

    Karen.....Yeah me too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew some of these and they're all gross! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy........Agreed

    Margaret....Yep

    Rita.......yes they are

    ReplyDelete

North American Porcupines

  It is Tuesday all day long and half the night and Tuesday as we all know is creature day this week we have the North American Porcupine. ...