Sunday 14 April 2024

Week 15 of 2024

 


Daylight savings has finished for now, so it was 6am by the bedroom clock when I got up as Tim hadn’t changed it back, but he did do the loungeroom clocks. I am someone who likes to know the time and has 2 clocks in the loungeroom, 1 in the bedroom and the time showing on the microwave.

It was only 16 degrees when I got up. I also woke with pain in my jaw but after a couple of hours it settled down.

Tim is off to a mate’s memorial some fella from work.

By 10.30am it was 23 degrees and by midday it was 27 degrees. So, I turned the air con on.

Tim got home at 4.15pm, he said he had a good day.

Monday morning, the laptop tells me it is 25 degrees, but the phone says 17 degrees the phone is right, I can tell by the fact that I am on the cold side. I am glad I am not someone who has a problem adjusting to the start or end of daylight savings.

By 9am I had to change into shorts the temp was 21 degrees according to my phone.  Turned into another warm day with a temp of 25 degrees.

Sam was late again getting home from school, Tim thought he had missed him and since he had his physio at 2.30pm he came home but when his physio was finished at 3pm he went to check that Sam was home and no Sam wasn’t home, in fact Tim had been gone so long checking on Sam I was wondering what was going on and when I looked outside I saw both of them walking down the driveway.

Then Sam discovered he was locked out of the house, but thankfully Tasha arrived home shortly after and was able to let Sam in the house.

I was up at 4.50am needing to pee so naturally I stayed up; it is a cold 15 degrees this morning.

After Sam left Tasha turned up with a basket of her work clothes to toss in the dryer, she thought she was going to work tonight but there is a chance she may have a job in a couple of hours, and they won’t dry on the line in that amount of time.

The temp at 8.30am was 19 degrees.

Sue came over to do her washing, she also drove to Millers Bakery.

By 2.30pm it is 22 degrees, and I am starting to feel tired.

I slept through the night, Tim slept in his armchair and didn’t go to bed till I got up at 5am.

A cold and windy start to the day with the temp of 14 degrees.

Our new Foxtel box (pay tv) arrived yesterday afternoon, Tim and I will set it up sometime today.

Spoke to Kathy not much to say but I do like hearing from her even if it is only a 10-minute chat.

Tim & I set the new Foxtel box up, not hard to do when all you must do is disconnect the leads from one box and reconnect them to the other box.

The cleaners arrived again, and Tim spoke to them and showed them the video clip, the woman said there was a spider, but it didn’t wash with us. They were told their services were no longer needed.

Had a good night after a bad incident, I had got up for a small drink heard Sam in the bathroom we spoke for moment, and I went back to bed. Tim wasn’t here, he had gone out for a bit. Anyway, I had barely laid back down when I was overcome with fear, I had no idea what I was afraid of, but I started yelling and thrashing about. Sam heard me and came and helped me settle, he sat with me holding my hand till I started to drift off. I hope whatever that was it was a once of.

It was a lovely 12 degrees when I got up. By 11am it was a warm 22 degrees

Had a message from Jess saying Sam is sick so no school.

Had a visit from Sandy, she gave me a big hug, a little bit later Dawson came over to check on me.

Tim went to Centrelink in Wallsend and got the paperwork for me to apply for a disability Support Pension and for him to apply for a carer’s payment.

 

BEEN 3 YEARS SINCE MUM PASSED

Up at 4.50am to pee and of course I stayed up, a somewhat cold morning with a temp of 11 degrees, 6am it was 14 degrees.

Went to the doctors for scripts, then Tim and I went to a few other shops. I managed to buy a nice pair of long grey pants, just need Tim to cut them off.

 

Had a good chat with Sue and she had good cry, by the time got off the phone I was teary and had a cry.

Had a good night once I settled down, I mentioned to the doctor about the fear I felt the other night, which he called an anxiety attack, which I have not had a few years. Tim mentioned that some nights I’m up and down for a bit after going to bed, the doctor explained that is normal with Parkinson’s.

Sue came over to drop off a bottle of Vodka for Tim.

Dawson also came over for a visit, he had along talk with Tasha.

I stripped the bed and remade it on my own.

 

 

 

 

 

 

                             

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Daylight Saving should change automatically on computers, mobile phones, microwave, car clock and electronic radios, twice a year.

    Thankfully that leaves only old fashioned wrist watches and the kitchen clock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is good that electronic devices change automatically, that still left 3 wall clocks and the microwave to change

      Delete

  2. It's 27 degrees today in Vienna too. Same, i always have to know the time.

    Wish you a good Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also always like to know the time which is why we have 3 wall clocks

      Delete
  3. The sick stuff is going around here too. Your cleaners must be like my gardeners. I've fired seven ... I'm trying out number EIGHT now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anxiety attacks are truly unsettling, Jo-Anne. I hope you are NOT visited again by one.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are and I hope so too, I have had a number of them over the years just never that bad

      Delete
  5. I wonder if your Mum's upcoming anniversary wasn't your panic trigger...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The panic attack sounds awful. I hope that was a one-off.
    Glad you sent the cleaners packing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Borderline Personality Disorder & Relationships

  So here I am on a wet Thursday morning tyring to write a post about BPD but mostly just looking at the computer screen or the rain outside...