Tuesday 6 October 2020

Tough Stuff Tuesday

 

Hello Tuesday what a day I am having so restless and hot and not knowing what I am doing but being Tuesday it is tough stuff day.


Today's tough stuff is tooth enamel something all of us have for some of if not all of our lives.


Human tooth enamel is The hardest substance in the body. It forms in a thin layer over our teeth to give them strength and protection when we bite and chew.


Like bones it contains a lot of calcium and other minerals, if you tap your teeth you'll find the hard shiny enamel surface.


Although very strong enamel can be damaged by acid, which eats away at it making holes in the teeth. Bacteria that live on your teeth make acid when they feed on sugary food.


Brushing your teeth washes them away and protects the enamel.


Human tooth enamel, though isn't the hardest of all, Beavers, which like gnawing down trees have even harder ename; that contains a lot of iron.


The hardest material in the animal world is the enamel like substance that limpets teeth are made of.



8 comments:

  1. When you exhume the body the teeth are left and so are the bones and hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jo-Anne, your postings just tickle my fancy. I always learn so much and I've always so much enjoyed learning. Thank you for the time you must put into your research. I am grateful for you and for the curiosity that must prompt your reading and research. Thank you! Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine isn't so tough anymore, price of loving Pepsi...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that certainly makes sense, that beavers would have the hardest tooth enamel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandie.........Yes they are

    Margaret D..........Thank you

    Dee..........You are welcome, I owe a lot to Leo who has passed on to me some great books I use for posts

    Chris.....Same here

    Karen...........Yes it does

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could polish my tooth enamel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    Who would have guessed that those limpets (acquatic snails) do have the hardest enamel on their teeth?!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's and walking

  Well, here we are at another Friday so here is a bit more about Parkinson’s Disease, this week we are looking a bit more at walking with P...