Monday 26 October 2020

Facts again

 

The start of a new week, a cold and wet start at that being Monday it is fact day, so here we go.


Wilma Flintstone's maiden name was Slaghoopal, and Betty Rubble's was Betty Jean McBricker


111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321


In 1990 the Mars chocolate company decided to change the Marathon bar's name to “Snickers”, the company didn't want to lose the bar's British Fans, so for 18 months the wrapper was made with both names. When Marathon was dropped from the name the bar went from No9 to No3 on the UK”s best selling chocolate bar list. Kit Kat was No1


The melting point of cocoa butter is just below the human body temperature, which is why chocolate literally melts in your mouth.


John Rolfe named Pocahontas the Native American princess in 1613

9 comments:

  1. Okay... the number fact is freaky (I assume it's correct, I do not have the brain power right now to check.) :)

    And that's interesting that I don't remember the name change in 1990. I have always though Snickers just existed longer than I have, and I have no recollection of Marathon bars at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those numbers are amazing but then numbers and combinations are.
    love Kit Kats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Jo-Anne,
    Marathon bars I've never known, in The Netherlands we always had Snickers and also here in the USA.
    In the 70s I used to need 3 big Mars bars while driving home, got very shaky after work and needed something quick. Then eating a 3-course dinner! Now I can't have sweets anymore... and I've never ever gained a single pound. I'm burning a lot of energy, sometimes too much/too fast.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm a lifelong chocoholic; dark chocolate only!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wilma Flintstone's maiden name was Slaghoopal, and Betty Rubble's was Betty Jean McBricker - how did you know that!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did know the number thing, but, like Juli, the Snickers thing is news to me. Oh, our shabby memories...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I wonder why I never wondered what Wilma's and Betty's maiden names were. If I had to guess, I would have doubted they were ever given maiden names on the show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Juli.............Yeah I didn't know about the numbers or the Snickers bar always been Snickers to me

    Margaret D.......Yes it is

    Marettie,........Same here

    Sandie.......Read it in a book also wass mentioned in one of the mov

    Chris.......Many didn't know so you're not alone

    Karen......It was mentioned in one of the movies and the book of facts Isea

    ReplyDelete

Working Life in the 1890's Australia

Ok this week we are looking at farming in the 1890’s Australia with the invention of milking machines dairy farmers were encouraged to use t...