Tuesday 7 May 2019

Gross Tuesday No 12


Good morning a coolish day in my opinion although Natasha & Tim think it's cold.

Well it is Tuesday so it is gross facts day.

Cockroaches can live for weeks without their heads

There are about 4,000 different species of cockroaches but only 30 are considered pests.

Cockroaches can rat just about anything, including glue, paper and soap.

They can survive for long periods of time without any food at all.

Insects and bugs can be useful in creating honey, wax, silk and other products.

7 comments:

  1. They say that even at the end of the world the cockroaches will still survive--LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewwwww... hate these bugs! See, that right there - the living for weeks without their heads - just proves how evil these beastly things are. Like zombies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They can also take a blow from a hammer like a champ, unfortunately...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not fond of cockroaches at all. Fortunately, in the 22 years that I've lived where I am now, we've never had any cockroaches. A couple of times we were under ant attack, but rarely see any ants anymore.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having 2 babies 14 months apart there was a time when I thought I'd lived years without a head myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita........Yeah I have heard that

    Margaret.....That they are

    Nancy.......Same here

    Carol.......I agree

    Chris......I know hard to kill at times

    Arlee......We have had problems on and off over the years

    Karen.......Oh yeah I remember those days

    ReplyDelete

Parkinson's and walking

  Well, here we are at another Friday so here is a bit more about Parkinson’s Disease, this week we are looking a bit more at walking with P...