Saturday 6 January 2024

Jo-Anne's Thoughts

 


Hello everyone, I had planned to do a post yesterday with Jo-Anne's thoughts but it didn't happen after going to the doctors I just didn't feel like it.

When I was having my wash this morning I thought why is it some mornings when I look in the mirror I thought I looked ok as in ageing well, although yesterday when I looked at myself I thought differently. Now I do not think I look older then my years generally speaking but there are times when I wonder if I am being a tad vain.

My grandmother always told me to make sure I moisturise my body not just my face but my neck and chest and upper arms and I still do each morning, although now I also have to moisturise my legs as they are drying out causing me to scratch which causes the skin to break and bleed, something I find very frustrating.

I like to dress nicely when I go out wearing if possible a nice dress or skirt some jewellery, including my train broach that I wear in honour of my Dad. I also like to wear some lip colour either lipstick or lip-gloss and perfume.


11 comments:

  1. When I look in the mirror, I'm generally repulsed. Plus, I shower in the dark. Who needs to see that mess?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honesty IS the best policy, lol!

      Delete
    2. A thought many men would have and as Chris said honesty is the best

      Delete
  2. I don't pay much attention to aging, really. I know the older I get the more things show up on me that did with my mom and grandmas. The saggy neck and skin turning crepey. I still don't have gray hair at 72 but that also runs in the family. I do know if I am tired I think I look even older, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are many who don't think about aging it is just something that happens to us all, I am grey as is my younger sister well one of them, but I am fine with being grey

      Delete
  3. I'm over being vain- I know I've never been all that attractive. I just don't care for it when I occasionally 'see' my Dad in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am sure it bugs Tim when he sees his father looking back at him in the mirror

      Delete
  4. It's not always easy looking in the mirror for me. I do try to moisturize daily. You take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me years to get into the habit of caring for my skin every day and not just when I thought of it

      Delete

BPD Identity Disturbance

  So here we at Thursday so it is time for a post about Borderline Personality Disorder. This week we are looking at identity disturbance. T...