Monday 15 January 2024

Facts about Earth

 


Hello everyone let me start by saying I believe God created Heaven & Earth and the human race, however, I respect that not all share such views do even though last weeks post and this week's post are about the beginnings of Earth doesn't take away anything from what I believe.

So here are this week's facts about Earth.

Earth has a breathable atmosphere which when viewed from space looks like a thin blue layer surrounding the planet.

In one seconded the Earth travels about 30km (19 miles) around the Sun.

Although the planet is called Earth only about 30 per cent of it is Earth the rest is water.

From 1930 Pluto was believed to be the ninth planet in our Solar System but in 2006 it was removed from the list of planets due to being too small, it is now referred to as a dwarf planet.

The Earth is made up of different layers which are held in place by gravity.

16 comments:

  1. Poor old Pluto. It goes to show that knowledge about everything can change, given enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Pluto became a whole thing. I used to know blogger whose whole persona online was about protesting Pluto's demotion. Pluto? It don't care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have missed the above mentioned post. Oh well.
    I grew up learning about Pluto and it’s a shame that lil Pluto has been demoted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah at least it didn't get smacked on the nose by Mickey

      Delete
  4. Interesting Jo-Anne. Poor Pluto, didn't know it had been downgraded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I knew Pluto was downgraded but not something I think about as a rule

      Delete
  5. I was aware that poor Pluto was downgraded by "those in the know." I still think of it as the ninth planet anyway!
    Blessings, Jo-Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still think of Pluto as an honorary planet, regardless, also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pluto will AWAYS be a Planet and our 9th and that won't change. Oh. I'll send the bus for you if you want to attend the Gotcha Day Pawty. It travels well under the ocean. Not a worry. You'll have to send you address and listen for the meow horn. It'll be there in Australia about 1732 hrs. tomorrow when the pawty starts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some very interesting facts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

BPD Identity Disturbance

  So here we at Thursday so it is time for a post about Borderline Personality Disorder. This week we are looking at identity disturbance. T...